Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    So I've looked in some other threads but haven't really gotten a definitive answer. I just recently purchased a pixi+ off-contract and got the closeout touchstone charger and back for it cause I thought it would be a nice addition for $15. The problem is, when on the touchstone, my pixi charges incredibly slow. Like, starting at 3% and charging in airplane mode for 6+ hours only got me to like 70% charge. When I charged it via microUsb today, the thing went from about 9% to 100% in like 1.5 hours and I had all of my connections turned on. What gives? Anyone know how to fix it? I am using the palm wall charger that was included in the box with the pixi.
    mine is kinda slow..but not too bad
    Can you borrow a touchstone charger from someone else to see if it's the charger or your phone. It may be a defective back also.
    Your post caused me to look at mine on the touchstone and it's only at 83% whereas in the wall yesterday was at 100%. When I get home from work will try it on a different touchstone and also with a different back to figure out what's happening.
    Have you tried opening the back cover and cleaning the dust from inside?
    Also, try a different outlet in case that is the issue. I had a problem with my camera not charging right and it was a particular outlet that was doing it.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with my first Touchstone.. I took it back got a new one
    it works prefect now
    I use a off-brand charger with my touchstone and it only goes to 83% often (but not always). With OEM it charges to 100% all the time.
    But even with off-brand it gets to 83 pretty quickly.
    Try charging upside down or sideways, sometimes this pushes it past 83 and goes to 100.
    I tried a different touchstone charger, same issue of charging to only 83% in either airplane or normal mode.

When I laid the phone horizontally on the charger overnight last night, it was up to 100 this am--in airplane mode. Weird.
    tonight try upside down!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabalard View Post
    I tried a different touchstone charger, same issue of charging to only 83% in either airplane or normal mode.

When I laid the phone horizontally on the charger overnight last night, it was up to 100 this am--in airplane mode. Weird.
    Good to know!

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by tabalard View Post
    That is random. have you tried to duplicate it again to see if the full charging is consistent when you do this?
    The charge seems to be totally random so it must be how I am positioning it on the Touchstone. (Now always horizontal).

I had it there for a day untouched and it was only at 83%. Now I repositioned it an hour ago and it's at 100.

I read some earlier post about adjusting something inside the touchstone but can't remember exactly what it was.