1.    #1  
    than the new phones.

isn't it?

tell me, what missing, now that i can o/c it,
    why and what for do i need the webos 2 version?

how can flash change my life?
    why should slide to write?
    why would i prefer to stack my 6 cards (being honest - how much cards do i need opened?)

webos 1.4.5 is better than any other smart phone O/S there is (for my opinion)
    so what would the new version can do for me?

I'm disappointed with HP and the new phones, but maybe it will help
    them sell more and make WebOS more popular, I hope.
    os 2.0: quick actions, stacks, flash (hopefully), and text assist are what I want most.
    I think the Pixi is a better style than the Veer for the scale of power and use they're targeted for. That's about the only thing I think is "better" about the Pixi verse the new phones.
    I prefer non-slider over slider any day.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Im kind of dissapointed that the pixi form factor has apparently been abandoned. I picked it over the pre because I liked having a ultra thin phone and I like the candy bar form factor. Id love to have the option of the pixi with a larger screen.
    Well considering the veer is GSM only. I have a feeling there will be a CDMA offering in the coming months of something for us small form factors. Somewhere on this website there was mention that HP would be making a second announcement in spring (probably around the veer availability date).
    I agree with the OP. There is still life in the Pixi....it is functional and useful in many ways.

I do forsee a throttle-back on developing for hardware that will not see an OS upgrade.

I am due my final "new every two" w/ Verizon in 11 months. The Pixi would make a fine backup for the Pre 3 .
    ya know, the worst part about the no updates thing is that even if we are planning on buying another webOS device we will see virtually no new apps as most developers will be working on the new stuff. It'd be one thing if the new phones were available right away but the fact that we have to wait it out on outdated software sucks.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I've had the Pixi since day one and it can't last forever
    my contract is up NOW and I can update whenever I want...
    but I'll sit tight until the Pre 3 comes to Sprint (will I hope it does)

IF Sprint decides not to cary the Pre3 and puts out the Veer instead
    Well I have zero interest in the Veer... I start looking at other phones

I'm sure HTC will have 2-3 phones out before the Pre3 comes out

but right now I'm having fun with the Pixi (loving it more with 849MHz overclocking)
    Last edited by errbin; 02/10/2011 at 11:40 AM.
    the veer is gsm only (at least for now) so you don't really have a choice
    What ever happened to the efforts to make a homebrew dr to install webOS 2.x on a pixi?
    I want a pixi that has a tiny-bit bigger screen and 800mhz snapdragon.

I like no moving parts.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I like my pixi's form factor...but I'm all for a faster CPU...and considering the processor in the veer is actually FASTER than the processor in the Pre2...I think if I had a choice, I'd get the veer, even with the sliding keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Im kind of dissapointed that the pixi form factor has apparently been abandoned. I picked it over the pre because I liked having a ultra thin phone and I like the candy bar form factor. Id love to have the option of the pixi with a larger screen.
    i would realy like this also
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I want a pixi that has a tiny-bit bigger screen and 800mhz snapdragon.

I like no moving parts.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Agreed. I just picked up a Pixi Plus to give my Pre Plus a break I love the form factor. I would much rather see something along the lines of what you described than a 4" slab although judging from a lot of the posts her I'm in the minority.
    I just picked up a pixi afrer using the pre for about 8 months and I love it.

QUOTE=dreadlion42;2869730]Agreed. I just picked up a Pixi Plus to give my Pre Plus a break I love the form factor. I would much rather see something along the lines of what you described than a 4" slab although judging from a lot of the posts her I'm in the minority.[/QUOTE]