Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I haven't posted much, but I get great info by lurking. Thanks guys.

but I had a question about bluetooth, and I couldn't find anything from searching.

is it possible, through hacks or even purchased software, to use my mono bluetooth headset for other audio profiles? I'd love to stream podcasts and internet radio through my samsung wep350...
    Not as yet ... and it would have to be routing audio intended for other profiles into the profiles that your mono headset could support.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    is it the kind of thing the developers are working on or am I the only one who'd like this, or is it just a difficult thing to do and not worth it?
    Yep, it's not yet possible. We are hoping for new audio profiles in 2.0

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by double_0_7 View Post
    is it the kind of thing the developers are working on or am I the only one who'd like this, or is it just a difficult thing to do and not worth it?
    It's not necessarily an easy thing to do, although I understand it's been done on other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Yep, it's not yet possible. We are hoping for new audio profiles in 2.0
    It's not a matter of new profiles. A2DP is the profile meant for streaming audio to a stereo headset. What's being asked for here is for music and podcasts to be sent to the profiles designed for carrying phone calls (the HSP and the HFP). Since they're originally designed for voice, they're optimized for it and as a byproduct, music doesn't sound really great through them. This might not necessarily matter for a podcast, but the audio quality will be better if it's delivered through A2DP.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yeah, it would be for voice podcasts, etc, not music. I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but my last phone, an lg dare, used to play web audio like youtube stuff over bluetooth if it was linked.