Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    So at some point this morning some dope at vzw reactivated my droid while I was at work. At that time my pixi went into roaming on us cellular and removed all my apps. Vzw tech support said they can't fix it and I have to call palm about replacement. Its stuck on the palm account login but can't without vzw network and vzw can't get the phone to get on there network. Does anyone have any advice.......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    I'm scarred for life, you got what you deserved for using that avatar.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/06/2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: dyslexia the fixed I
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm scarred for life, you got what you deserved for using that avatar.
    ROFL!

I'd have liked it, when I was a kid.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
    So at some point this morning some dope at vzw reactivated my droid while I was at work. At that time my pixi went into roaming on us cellular and removed all my apps. Vzw tech support said they can't fix it and I have to call palm about replacement. Its stuck on the palm account login but can't without vzw network and vzw can't get the phone to get on there network. Does anyone have any advice.......

Tell them to cancel your account. That will get their attention. If it doesn't, stop by AT&T and grab a free upgrade and they will port you number...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Do you think when I get home that webos doctor could restore it? It boots up to the login screen but no way to get past that

if verizon activates that ESN on your phone number, you should be able to log in and restore ur apps. Is that what you want?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if verizon activates that ESN on your phone number, you should be able to log in and restore ur apps. Is that what you want?
    They tried to reactivate my phone but they are telling me they can not. For some reason or another its stuck on US Cellular roaming (which i am not a customer of, nor have i ever been) I tried to completely reset the phone but that does not work either. So far I've attempted to leave the battery out for an hour with no luck, reset the phone, and work through it with VZW. This sucks I was enjoying m=webOS so much more than Android and then this....
    They tried to reactivate my phone but they are telling me they can not. For some reason or another its stuck on US Cellular roaming (which i am not a customer of, nor have i ever been) I tried to completely reset the phone but that does not work either. So far I've attempted to leave the battery out for an hour with no luck, reset the phone, and work through it with VZW. This sucks I was enjoying m=webOS so much more than Android and then this....
    I don't think running the Doctor would fix this. Sounds like it's an issue on their end. They really screwed you over... Wow!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    did they give your number to someone else ?? that what it sounds like happened ? someone else on a different network is using the number you had is what it sounds like anyways ?? thats weird . i would definitely call and talk to customer service as high up as you can go !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Then they owe it to you to arrange for you to stop buy a vzw store to pick up another properly activated phone. If not, I would stop by AT&T and have them port your number. The number belongs to you. I Verizon can't figure out how to activate a phone with that number, then there are other carriers that would love to do it for you!
    Did they reactivate your Droid and turn off service on your Pixi without your permission? This sounds like the real problem if so.

P.S. Knight Rider was great, but I never really watched him in Baywatch(looks like that's where the photo is from). Sad, but I think I've read he is an alcoholic now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yup. Then when I called they tried to blame it on me when I was at work and my droid was in my car! They've already told me they will not help anymore since I didn't buy it from them..... I've tried to reload 1.4.5 with webos doctor but can't get past 4 percent and then my usb automatically disconnects???? I've read on here it may be a usb problem but I only have a laptop so I don't have any jacks in the back of my computer. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried forcing recovery mode and then doctoring?

Or asking KITT for help?

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I've gotten into recovery (usb screen????) And run the doctor but it hangs at 4 percent then disconnects the usb drive and reconnects then fails. I've tried the connect w/out battery and hold vol up to get a battery then inserting the battery and waiting to get a usb then releasing the vol up key but I never have been able to get the usb to appear (waited 6 min hold vol up but nothing). I'm at a lose please help I love webos and going back to my droid is like pulling teeth!

Yeah, the one without the battery is recovery mode and you should get the USB symbol.

I really don't know what else to suggest, I wish I did, but I'm old, drunk and now use Android.

Sent from my eVo
    I've gotten into recovery (usb screen????) And run the doctor but it hangs at 4 percent then disconnects the usb drive and reconnects then fails. I've tried the connect w/out battery and hold vol up to get a battery then inserting the battery and waiting to get a usb then releasing the vol up key but I never have been able to get the usb to appear (waited 6 min hold vol up but nothing). I'm at a lose please help I love webos and going back to my droid is like pulling teeth!

Oh and on this, it shouldn't be connected to the computer, until you get the USB symbol.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I've tried that but can't get the usb to show up after the battery symbol I've held the vol up button for 6. Min + and it doesn't change. What am I doing wrong?

Damn it! I only had to use it once, when I had my Pre.

I need more wine...

Anyway, what instructions are you using? Are they from the webOS internalz wiki?

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Nope just found on the site here... load the doctor connect phone w/out battery, holdind vol up to get batt on screen, insert batt while holding vol up, when usb appears relase vol up viola but I won't worl

This really seems like an error on Verizon's end. Just call them and complain and threaten to cancel your service and they should get off their butts then!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast