1.    #1  
    So someone please tell me what this error message means? I've bought a couple of apps so I know it works, but lately I cannot buy an app. Today I want to buy the multiple app launcher. I get to the field push the red button to purchase, the purchase fails. The phone tells me this.....A required field does not exist or is empty. Help anyone? I tried chatting with a tech on the phone. Didn't help me even a little bit.
    is your credit card info still accurate? check in your settings to make sure it is still correct.

That error message appears to be related to an SSL certificate error:
    http://www.issociate.de/board/post/2..._or_empty.html
  3.    #3  
    Yep, done all of that. Re entered the info a couple of times, restarted the phone, everything I could think of. Near as I can tell no required field is empty, and if a required field doesn't exist then what the heck can I do?
    call your credit car company to make sure they aren't declining the transaction...
    That isn't an issue with the card being declined...for some reason the system on Palm's end isn't validating all entered fields.

OP - what phone/carrier are you using and what OS version are you running?
    I have this right now on all paid apps but didn't always. It is a result of having the 9.9.9 profile version. I have it because of my Sprint Pre 2 conversion. Others have it for other OS related issues. Some of which will not be named here. But there could be other reasons as well.

I can tell the OP that if they put the same profile on another webOS device that has not been hacked or is not running an unauthorized version of webOS it will purchase apps just fine. Then put the profile back on the device in question and you can then download the apps you purchased just fine. It is a pain, but it works.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7.    #7  
    Ok, using a Pixi flashed over to Cricket from Verizon, and the OS is 1.4.5. I know it isn't the card cause i switched over to my debit card to verify because of course that one won't be declined. Same problem. And that I have purchased 3 apps that work just fine, had no problem with the download or install, but now I can do nothing except load free apps (free is cool to and some VERY nice stuff!!) but darnit, I'd like to have that multiple app launcher, and it ain't free.

Pastorrich mentions a profile problem? Something I can fix easily??? Elaborate please.
    I can't buy or download any free app or open my apps w update available...been over a week. May or may not be related...thot I'd mention tho
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
    Ok, using a Pixi flashed over to Cricket from Verizon, and the OS is 1.4.5. I know it isn't the card cause i switched over to my debit card to verify because of course that one won't be declined. Same problem. And that I have purchased 3 apps that work just fine, had no problem with the download or install, but now I can do nothing except load free apps (free is cool to and some VERY nice stuff!!) but darnit, I'd like to have that multiple app launcher, and it ain't free.

Pastorrich mentions a profile problem? Something I can fix easily??? Elaborate please.
    No, can't be fixed easily depending on the source of the problem. You can go to palm.com/profile and see what OS version it shows your profile active on. If it is 9.9.9 then it is likely a result of your carrier/hardware/OS information not all jiving with what the system expects.

Mine worked fine right after I did my Sprint Pre 2 conversion but at some point it stopped working and started giving me the error in the OP.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10.    #10  
    So I went to Palm and yep, 9.9.9. Does this mean I'm hosed then, as far as buying any apps? Cause I can still install freebies. It kinda toasts my buns that I was able to buy for a time then one day that ability just shut down on me.
    Last edited by ShadeTree; 02/07/2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: word change
  11.    #11  
    Ok it was pointed out to me in another thread I posted about not being able to purchase apps that I needed to check my profile at palm support, if it was 9.9.9 or something like that then I'm in trouble as for purchasing apps. I checked, it is. So, is there a way I can fix this so I can once again purchase a few apps I'd like? I used to be able to do so, up until a couple weeks ago when I started getting failed download messages, and that a required field was incomplete or doesn't exist, or something like that. I LOVE this little Pixi Plus, and oh man I am REALLY in love with the WebOS, but this little problem is a knock for me. Can I fix this???
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
    Ok it was pointed out to me in another thread I posted about not being able to purchase apps that I needed to check my profile at palm support, if it was 9.9.9 or something like that then I'm in trouble as for purchasing apps. I checked, it is. So, is there a way I can fix this so I can once again purchase a few apps I'd like? I used to be able to do so, up until a couple weeks ago when I started getting failed download messages, and that a required field was incomplete or doesn't exist, or something like that. I LOVE this little Pixi Plus, and oh man I am REALLY in love with the WebOS, but this little problem is a knock for me. Can I fix this???
    You're going to need to contact Palm. They are the only ones who will be able to help you with this issue...

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    <threads merged>

Please don't create more threads about the same subjects
    Follow GuyFromNam's advice and use the contact he gave you in your other thread.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Follow GuyFromNam's advice and use the contact he gave you in your other thread.
    Done did it, just waiting for him to reply to my email. Don't be to hard on me fellas. My apologies if I've abused the forum. Still learning the ropes around here, but I am seriously cheesed off also. If nothing else pops up to help me get this fixed I'm looking at another $20 to get it reflashed this weekend.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Check this thread if you haven't found the answer. It worked for me, may work for you if you have a Touchpad.