1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Palm Pixi. I have not activated it with Verizon. I just did the activation bypass thing and then installed Preware. Couple questions:

Homebrew apps seem to load fine. When I try to load a Palm app, I get 'The action could not be completed. Try again later'. It has been doing that for a day or two (since I got the phone). Any help?

Also, do I just use the Gps Fix app to turn on the Gps?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to go back a page while using Preware. How do I go back a page?

Lastly, are there any apps that would allow me to make a call to a landline phone while I'm in wifi coverage?

Thanks for these wonderful forums. I am loving my new iPod touch, err, Palm Pixi!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    You can't use gps without the phone on a carrier nor does the app store work I believe, and if u want to go back in a app use the backswipe function. And only app that I think that makes voice calls is voogle/google voice app
  3.    #3  
    Thank you VERY MUCH GuyFromNam.. My Pixi is now operating exactly how I want it. All the bells and whistles, and no contract!!

PreCentral.net rocks! How/where do I make a general donation to the site?
    Donations can be made to the homebrew team at WebOS Internals.

As far as I know Precentral doesn't take donations since they're part of a larger blog/site network, but the dev team could use your contributions, for sure.
    if you havent already you can make calls with your carrier free phone if you install the google voice app voogle. Of course you would need wifi for it to work but hey why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    if you havent already you can make calls with your carrier free phone if you install the google voice app voogle. Of course you would need wifi for it to work but hey why not?
    No, Voogle doesn't allow you to make calls over wifi..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    really? I coulda swore I read somewhere that you could.
    Nope sorry. I don't think there is a way.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, Voogle doesn't allow you to make calls over wifi..

It let's you use Google Voice. I think it allows you to make calls over Wifi
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    It let's you use Google Voice. I think it allows you to make calls over Wifi
    Maybe the dev will add that feature eventually. Right now, it uses your existing cell service to make calls.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  11.    #11  
    Donation made.. Thanks again..

Couple final things: My understanding is that a Skype app is not available right now, but should be available when the new WebOS 2.0 comes out. Is this correct? Any idea when WebOS 2.0 for the Pixi will be available? Any Skype alternative Apps (another IM option)?

Also, looks like the GPS isn't very accurate. Any patchs or apps to make it more accurate??

Thanks again to all..
    Quote Originally Posted by slimsam99999 View Post
    Donation made.. Thanks again..
    Any idea when WebOS 2.0 for the Pixi will be available?
    Thanks again to all..
    "in the coming months"

As far as skype someone posted a comment on an article about a third party skype app that is available for webOS but I dont remember what it was. Ill try and see if I can find it.

edit: ok I found it http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...platform=webos

I dont use skype and I have no idea if/how this works but somebody said that skype worked on webos and posted this link so check it out.
    Last edited by gfunkj; 02/05/2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes you can use GPS without a carrier.
    For GPS, it looks like that I need SPC/MSL code and carrier-specific PDE IP address. How can I get those info without carrier? Thanks for your help.