1.    #1  
    Edit: All is well! Thanks bradleyj!

Ok, well my Pixi is dead.

#1) I was overclocked to 806.4mhz

#2) I had just transferred a 8mb PDF file to my USB storage, then disconnected

#3) I used Internalz to try to open the PDF file (but was given an error, as expected)

#4) Everything started running REALLY slow and it wouldnt even open Govnor

#5) Tried to 'switch restart' but the screen went blank. Pulled battery and now it will not turn on.

#6) I get the battery '?' icon when plugging it in, but I cannot access USB mode (pressing the up volume, correct?) ...

#7) Computer does not acknowledge the phone at all..

Any advice before I take it to Sprint and pay for a replacement?
    Last edited by richard_rsp; 02/04/2011 at 10:25 AM.
    try leaving you battery out of the phone for a while (20min?) and then put it back in and try to start it up again.
    The same thing happened to me when my Pre died. Luckily I was able to catch it in time and remove all the warranty-voiding stuff like UberKernel, but sounds like you couldn't do it. I would recommend sending it in to Palm if you're still in warranty, but they would probably see that you overclocked. If bradleyj's recommendation doesn't work, it's time to go to Sprint.
  4.    #4  
    Uh, wow. Thanks Bradley!

I removed it for 15-20 mins and all is fine... I mean, I have removed the battery like 10 times, and NOTHING... but leave it out for a bit and *POOF* all is well!

I was already familiar with how to recover (thank you anyway, GuyFromNam), but my concern was that I could not get it to boot in recovery USB mode.

Anyway, it booted back up and all is well! Thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_rsp View Post
    I was already familiar with how to recover (thank you anyway, GuyFromNam), but my concern was that I could not get it to boot in recovery USB mode.
    In situations like these... removing the battery and then putting it on the wall charger, while holding vol up... will you into recovery mode.

But removing the battery for 15-20 min. would probly be easier for most.
    I am so glad it worked out Richard!

I actually suggested it because It worked on a laptop that I thought i had fried once. My brother who repairs laptops suggested leaving the battery out for 10-20 min and it booted up again.

I'd love to know why that works...does the battery need to recalibrate itself? Are there transistors (i don't really know what those are) or something that hold a charge and they need to let the energy disperse? Who knows, any electrical engineers around?
    I'm happy to see your phone is working. I accept slurpees or cheeseburgers with no pickles as payment (ground shipping is fine).
    I am very impressed with how quickly this community resolved this for the OP. Wow!
    This is my first post, and while it might seem off subject to start, please bear with me.

With a desktop computer, if you lock yourself out of the BIOS (IE, when you turn the computer on and hit delete or F2 that is the BIOS) or forget your password for it, you can turn the computer off, and locate a watch sized battery on the motherboard. By removing that battery and waiting 10-20 minutes, then replacing the battery, the Motherboard forgets the password, and default resets it to blank/no password.

This is basically (to the best of my knowledge) an external/not built in capacitor. Its application is so that the firmware/motherboard still has enough electricity when turned off to remember very basic data.

Since i know so little about phones/smartphones (just got my palm pixi plus two weeks ago and love it!) I don't know the specifics, but i would imagine their is a built in capacitor to the phone's circuitry, and that by removing the battery, it drains much quicker (the battery when in place in the circuit would stop the flow/backflow/drainage of the capacitor).

While I can confirm the first paragraph on older computers (pentium 1-4) i dont know about more recent computer models (if they use a capacitor or onboard battery), or anything about any phone's circuitry...

Can someone verify this so we can better understand our phones?
    Stantri Nineco
    Austin Based Freelance Writer