Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, i have tweeked my phone alittle bit and it is a totaly diffrent phone, now.

What i have done:

patched:
    - muffle sys logging
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - smooth scrolling

govnah:
    - ODTlc 749

tools:
    - data toggle

system:
    - logging set to minimum

The phone feels and looks very smooth and faster as the stock. I can remmonend this setting to everybody.
    What have you done to improve your phone.

With data toggle i could raise the batterylife to three days.
    From here...

Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    make sure you turn logging as much as possible

1) install end overlord monitoring
    2) install muffle patch
    3) ##LOGS#, clear logs and set to minimal logging

the phones by default log way too much
    Are any of those patches "overlapping" the process we're accomplishing by muffling the system logs found in ##LOGS#? .... in any redundant way???

You guys both forgot to disable "RDXD: Auto upload", in ##LOGS#... must scroll down the "Set Log Levels" tab to find it.

Also... disabling developer mode is said to recover 1% of speed, as well. If absolute performance is necessary (which it can be with the pixi), then turning Dev Mode off is another solution.
    When it comes to BEST performance, tho... I use these settings in Govnah to finally get YouTube videos to play FLUIDLY, after they are downloaded with Jason's YouTube Download patch...

Governor: ondemandtcl
    min freq: 122.88 MHz
    max freq: 806.4 MHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 55 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 1 Sec
    max floor window: 4 Sec
    compcache enabled: false
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Westwood

This setting could probly use a bit more tweaking, but I'm fairly confident after watching all my downloaded YouTube vids flawlessly.

Only suggestion I have taken in this thread -- so far -- is disabling the ##LOGS#, RDXD auto-upload, and Dev Mod. I'll probly disable more logs tru the mentioned patches after some more positive comments are heard. . . .
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    My overclock is the same as grndslm sep i have illnois as my congestion and up threshold at 45% and sampling rate at 1 also i have compache enabled 8mbs. I have no logging set I believe. Im running super responsive and fast with 24+ hour battery life. .
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Hi, i have tweeked my phone alittle bit and it is a totaly diffrent phone, now.

What i have done:

patched:
    - muffle sys logging
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - smooth scrolling

govnah:
    - ODTlc 749

tools:
    - data toggle

system:
    - logging set to minimum

The phone feels and looks very smooth and faster as the stock. I can remmonend this setting to everybody.
    What have you done to improve your phone.

With data toggle i could raise the batterylife to three days.
    Please explain these settings...
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    My overclock is the same as grndslm sep i have illnois as my congestion and up threshold at 45% and sampling rate at 1 also i have compache enabled 8mbs. I have no logging set I believe. Im running super responsive and fast with 24+ hour battery life. .
    I loved sampling rate at .1 sec, but the phone barely even made it thru 12 hours for me with no use at all. It also seemed to make video playback a bit choppier, too.

I'd love to use it, but the 12 hour battery life was my no. 1 concern.

I might've actually had the screen on the whole time for Govnah testing, tho. Dunno.
    How exactly do you turn off RDXD auto upload logging?

I have been in the ##LOGS# app and set logging to minimal. Then I tapped the top left tab, "Set Log Levels." There is a huge list of everything that can be logged. I do not see RDXD anywhere.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    where do you find the ##LOGS# app ???
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    where do you find the ##LOGS# app ???

its not an app. open up the phone and "dial" ##LOGS# and it will open the logging preferences
    For those who have a GSM phone, it's actually #*5647# (LOGS)

And...what does mean "This action cannot be undone" ?? You can't put back logging to normal ?
  11.    #11  
    why would you want to have logging anyway?
    It's (very) useful to debug apps, Mojo.Log.info() is better than errorDialog()...
    But I'm gonna try it...
    Developer mode has no impact on performance. It may cause a slight increase in the swap space used, but nothing that will have an impact on anything.

-- Rod
    So if it doesnt affect performance is there any advantage to disabling developer mode?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I've alway had developer mode off... why leave it on?
    It had to be turned on to install preware and I never saw the point of turning it back off.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I have the app to turn it off and on.. but I left it off after installing preware

but if Rob says it doesn't matter then I'll go with that
    Great tips, thanks a lot. Not a fan of smooth scrolling. Yes, the scrolling seems smoother, but it also seem buggier, if that makes sense.
    I am extremely curious how the Smooth Scrolling patch is supposed to work.

Sometimes I feel the effect, other times... I'm not so sure.

I really dunno what to think about that patch.
    muffle removes the execute perm for rdxd so it will not even run
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast