1.    #1  
    Just ordered a PIXI plus ($55 deal), and have a question.

I am coming from MS OS 6.1 (Samsung i730) so I am hoping this will be somewhat of an upgrade.

I understand Pixi plus has built in GPS.

Is there a GPS app which does not require data plan?

I am going to put the phone on my prepaid (PagePlus) plan so I do not want to use my cellular data capability at all.

another thing is that can I have this phone activated in Pre-paid basis without getting it accessing the palm profile via cellular line? Can palm profile activation be done from Wi-Fi access? (One post suggest that I get the phone activated via friend's Verizon account initially, then get it deactivated afterwards to get the palm profile activated, but I don't want to bother my friends unless I have to).

I DO want access to the palm app store if possible.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Hey there patches that can be installed to bypass the intial activation. And in order to use the phones gps app you need to be connected to the internet. hopefully others can point u in the right direction.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Hey there patches that can be installed to bypass the intial activation. And in order to use the phones gps app you need to be connected to the internet. hopefully others can point u in the right direction.
    I thought there is a built in GPS for Pixi Plus.

I am just looking for an app which comes with built in maps. Even if it uses up about 2GB of space, it would be worth it since for $55, it will double as my phone AND a GPS unit.

Anyways.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    I thought there is a built in GPS for Pixi Plus.

I am just looking for an app which comes with built in maps. Even if it uses up about 2GB of space, it would be worth it since for $55, it will double as my phone AND a GPS unit.

Anyways.

Thanks.
    As far as I know, we only have one map app (2 if you count BFG Maps, but isn't it basically the same as the Google Map app?). It requires an active data connection since the "app" pretty much just opens the Google Maps website.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.