Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hi all, 1 Sale A Day is posting an awesome deal on a Pixi Plus! $50 dollars! http://www.1saleaday.com/

The specs says:

* Dual-band CDMA2000
    * 3G: EvDO Rev A
    * 2.63-inch multi-touch screen
    * Vibrant 18-bit color 320x400 resolution Sub-HVGA display
    * HP webOS platform
    * QWERTY keyboard
    * Microsoft Exchange email with Microsoft
    * Direct Push Technology
    * POP3/IMAP (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc.)
    * Integrated IM, SMS, and MMS
    * Built-in GPS
    * Supports MP3 music files and videos
    * 2-megapixel camera with LED flash
    * Wi-Fi 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication
    * Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
    * 8GB memory
    * Up to 5.2 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time
    * Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
    * 3.5mm stereo headphone jack

Package Includes:
    Palm Pixi Plus Phone, USB Cable, AC Charger, Standard Lithium-Ion Battery (installed), User Guide, 1-Year Warranty
    So, my question is... if I get this, will this work on Sprint's network? After all, it does support EVDO.

Please let me know, guys. Thanks!
    Not directly. You'll need a clean ESN Sprint Pixi and then you can take the wifi module from one of these Pixi Plus's and transplant it into the Sprint Pixi. Check the transplant thread if you want to try.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Not quite answering the question. If I have a Sprint Pixi, say it breaks but the radio board is intact, can I get a Verizon Pixi Plus to work on Sprint? The new one-day $40 price makes me wonder if I couldn't drop the insurance on my 3 Pixies and use this as a spare.
    Yeah, I also want to know if I can get a Verizon Pixi Plus with a clean ESN to somehow run on Sprint. My Pre is falling apart, and $40 for a backup phone sounds like a great deal to me before I can get a shiny new phone (Pre3?) when my 2-year contract runs up this fall.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Yeah, I also want to know if I can get a Verizon Pixi Plus with a clean ESN to somehow run on Sprint. My Pre is falling apart, and $40 for a backup phone sounds like a great deal to me before I can get a shiny new phone (Pre3?) when my 2-year contract runs up this fall.
    I just picked up a bad ESN Pre Plus for $14 on Ebay. If your Pre is falling apart but still activated you could do a comm board swap and have a Sprint Pre Plus to hold you over until something is announced and it will WAY outperform any Pixi you can find.

I have mine running WebOS 2.1.0 and f104 kernel at 1.1 ghz and it is night and day from a stock Pre minus.

Hope that helps.
    -- Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    Not quite answering the question. If I have a Sprint Pixi, say it breaks but the radio board is intact, can I get a Verizon Pixi Plus to work on Sprint? The new one-day $40 price makes me wonder if I couldn't drop the insurance on my 3 Pixies and use this as a spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    The conversion process for the Pixi has been to take a functioning Sprint Pixi and to transfer the memory/wifi board from a Pixi Plus over to the Sprint Pixi. This differs from the Pre-to-Pre-Plus conversion process which involves taking a Sprint comm board and moving it into the body of Pre Plus or Pre2.

I'm not sure that anyone's tried and/or succeeded in building a Sprint Pixi Plus based on the body of a Verizon Pixi Plus. For it to succeed, you'd have to transplant whatever item carries the Sprint ESN information. As you can tell from the differing conversion processes, the Sprint Pixi memory/wifi board which physically appears to be analogous to the the Sprint Pre comm board does not carry the ESN information.
    can I get a Verizon Pixi Plus to work on Sprint?
    The short answer:

No.

Why? Because Sprint and Verizon will only activate ESNs that were originally programmed to work on their networks. Doesn't matter if you can reprogram a VZW Pixi Plus to work on Sprint, that does not change the ESN. Non-Sprint ESN, Sprint won't activate it. And don't ask about changing ESNs, as that is illegal.

Your only hope for getting a Pixi Plus to work on Sprint is to take a working Sprint Pixi non-Plus and convert it to a Plus using the directions posted in this forum.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have a (generally) working Sprint Pixi non-Plus, but cannot find the mentioned directions for converting it to a Plus. I presume that I will need some parts from a Plus somewhere along the line. I have somewhat of a "budget" for getting those parts if I drop my insurance, especially if the whole box comes for less than $40. I'll try searching the forum for the proper mix of words.
    I have a (generally) working Sprint Pixi non-Plus, but cannot find the mentioned directions for converting it to a Plus. I presume that I will need some parts from a Plus somewhere along the line. I have somewhat of a "budget" for getting those parts if I drop my insurance, especially if the whole box comes for less than $40. I'll try searching the forum for the proper mix of words.
    It's this thread