Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Just curious if anyone else had heard from, or received a shipping notification from their Pixi purchase (Daily Deals) this last week. I purchased 1 and have yet to receive anything email wise other than my confirmation email. Its been a week so maybe I will try and contact them to see when I could possibly be expecting some type of date or eta. I tend to get rather impatient / nervous when purchasing anything from a new website! Thanks
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    I got a shipping confirmation on Weds. Info didn't show up in USPS's tracking system until last night.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Chris do you mind me asking what time you ordered at? I ordered in the evening and am thinking I might last in line. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I still haven't got anything form them.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    ***Update***
    So today out of no where, with no tracking email or shipping notification my Pixi Plus arrived as advertised brand spanking new! No to activate.... I heard if I do it online its free, so I will be giving that a try tonight!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Yeah, i got the Pixi Plus from BeDeals.

Brand new, ran the activation removal tool (boots into developer mode). Activated phone on the Page Plus network via an eBay seller for 99 cents. Then called Page Plus and added their $30/month plan (1200 talk minutes, 1200 texts & 50mb data) and switched off phone data in preferences. Now i can use free wifi on the smartphone when its available, and have a nice smartphone with no contract or data plan.

Dig it. =)
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Do the VZW customers need to switch to a plan with data to use this phone? Are you forced to?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulNoize View Post
    Yeah, i got the Pixi Plus from BeDeals.
    I'm still waiting for mine from BeDeals. I was one of the ones effected by that address system error they had so mine's not coming until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Do the VZW customers need to switch to a plan with data to use this phone? Are you forced to?
    Haven't tried with a smartphone but when we switched a line over to one of those "feature" phones that required a data plan we were able to talk the CS rep out of adding the data plan for it.
    Still anxiously waiting....
    Received mine today without ever getting any tracking info emailed to me. Just showed up at my door. Nice little surprise to come home to.

I ordered it through DailySteals.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I didn't get an email but when I log into their website I can see it shipped 1/27, Brooklyn to Boise will take awhile so I'm trying to be patient!
    I got my BeDeals pixi tonight. Put it on my existing Page Plus account. Did not need to use the activation removal tool. The ESN change, activation, and palm account setup was flawless. I was up and running in less than 5 minutes. Went into airplane mode, fired up WiFi, and posted to Facebook.

The setup was MUCH MUCH easier than my Sprint Palm Pre.
    Last edited by Johncase3; 01/31/2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I didn't get an email but when I log into their website I can see it shipped 1/27, Brooklyn to Boise will take awhile so I'm trying to be patient!
    check the USPS tracking info, it likely didn't ship from Brooklyn. Mine arrived yesterday, it shipped from a warehouse in west Phoenix. Seeing as I'm in downtown Phoenix (some 3 or 4 miles away), I figured I'd get it on Saturday since it shipped Friday.

I tried talking with our third party Sprint reps (my company hates dealing with Sprint directly for whatever reason) to get them to activate it, no dice. That would have been wonderful, to ditch the Pre and use a Pixi Plus on the same line/plan until the new wave of devices comes in a few weeks. Oh well. I tried on the Sprint web site as well, and the activation wizard wasn't working right. It wasn't saying no to activating it, just was erroring out before we even got to enter the MEID.

Reluctantly, because I really despise them, I called up Verizon and activated the phone on a prepaid plan. Total cost out the door for 450 minutes this month and unlimited data, plus the activation fee: 106USD and some change. Yeah, I know I could have just run the Palm activation bypass tool, but I really wanted app catalog access. My Sprint is on the corporate plan so it's not like I'm paying for two plans. I wish I could just pay monthly for data like with their mobile broadband cards. Including the fun color touchstone back panels I bought, I'm out around $200 for a fun phone to use for the next month. Cheap entertainment, as I'm always enamored with new gadgets

I can confirm also that the Mobile Hotspot app does not work, even with my unlimited data package. Is this the way it should be, or did they not activate something properly? I figured they don't allow it on the prepaid plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post

I can confirm also that the Mobile Hotspot app does not work, even with my unlimited data package. Is this the way it should be, or did they not activate something properly? I figured they don't allow it on the prepaid plans.
    I believe you'll have to use freetether, or patch the hotspot app and use it in conjunction with freetether to make it work, if you look around online there should be instructions on how to make it work.
    Yeah freetether is an option for anyone interested in doing this. My laptop has free Verizon 3g so it's a bit moot for me.

I ran a speed test and was only able to muster 700Kbps. I guess that's no worse than Sprint here, but it makes me hugely jealous of anyone on AT&T or T-Mobile.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    check the USPS tracking info, it likely didn't ship from Brooklyn. Mine arrived yesterday, it shipped from a warehouse in west Phoenix. Seeing as I'm in downtown Phoenix (some 3 or 4 miles away), I figured I'd get it on Saturday since it shipped Friday.
    Mine arrived today. The USPS tracking info was blank until last night when it arrived in Boise, no updates prior to that. Where from no longer matters woo hoo!

it's plugged in, won't activate 'til I am home with my SO and can swap phones.

Now to figure out if I have to buy a back that is Touchstone Compatible - it isn't snapping onto my Touchstone the way my Pre does, so I just plugged it in the old fashioned way for now...

Clarice

<edit> pink and blue backs on order from Verizon!
    Last edited by shrxwin; 02/01/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    I know mine didn't come with the touchstone back, but they're so cheap from Verizon! I got the blue, green, and orange. The orange and green are lighter than I thought they'd be, but the blue is perfect.

Oh and for anyone still waiting on theirs, I saw the patches in preware related to bypassing initial activation and still getting app catalog access, so it's worth a try. It's too late for me, but that's ok. I use Google Voice for all calls so it's easy for me to hop between my Sprint and Verizon phones. I'll just be using the Pixi until HP's new stuff comes out.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Called VZW and had them switch phones for me last night (Free of Charge). Already ran WebOS quick install and overclocked my pixi! God how I missed WebOS!
    I purchased the phone from Daily Steals as well. Only afterwards did I do some research on the website and all I found were negative reviews. I was pretty worried but 3 or 4 days later I got shipment notification and then yesterday I got the phone, brand new, in the box.

I am very pleased with the service that I received from the company and now I'm looking forward to joining the WebOS community!
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsOnFire View Post
    Received mine today without ever getting any tracking info emailed to me. Just showed up at my door. Nice little surprise to come home to.

I ordered it through DailySteals.
    Same here. I checked on the DailySteals site last night and they had a link with the tracking number and it wasn't supposed to show up until Feb. 3.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast