Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Received my DailySteals phone today. Or so my fiance says, I haven't seen it yet.

Now to debate activating it before my trip. I'll have a week to make sure everything works with the Pixi so I can at least use the hotspot in the hotel. Where as I can currently BT tether my WinMo phone on the unlimited plan right now to my Mac. Decisions, decisions.
    Got mine today as well! Actually, got my phone & my repaired Xbox 360...so it's been a great afternoon!

-----
    edit:

Okay...just noticed something a little odd, but am not going to complain. When changing my plan (going from feature phone to smart phone) I dropped the number of minutes I have to 450 from 900 (no biggie, I don't talk on the phone that much anyways)...now the odd thing is it says I still have 5 friends & family, which usually isn't included with the 450 minute plan.

Also it added the 5GB wifi hotspot for $0. Anyone know the terms on that before I make too much use of it?
    Last edited by Kiltswitch; 02/24/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Kiltswitch, to the best of my knowledge you have 5GB to use as you see fit. Unused data will not roll over and if you go over it costs (per MB I believe). Fairly decent of Verizon to through that out there, though with so few Web OS users I doubt they notice too much

Jason
    Sweet!
    Yeah don't go over, I think it gets expensive. That is why my first order of homebrew business is to get an alternative tethering option going that uses "regular" data instead of "hotspot" data.
    Honestly, I probably won't even use it...but it's nice to know I have an option should I absolutely need it for whatever reason.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Honestly, it is pretty hard to go over it unless you're trying. I used my Droid Eris as my internet access one night, home service was down it was my only option, and in that whole night I only used about 150MB of data. Granted I didn't go and do a bunch of downloading/streaming nor did I bother with YouTube. I visited my normal sites, read my RSS feeds and messed around on Facebook.

Unless you plain "abuse" it, you'd be hard pressed to use it all. Not to mention it is slower than what ever WiFi is probably more convenient

Jason
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234