Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Hi John - can't help with 1 or 3, but 2 was just a matter of logging into my account - there's a grid of big buttons below my line's summary info, I selected Activate a Device, typed in the MEID Hex and then back at the phone (with my Pre+ off) turned it on, it called home and programmed and I was set, logged into my profile and my apps and stuff started to load, well those that are Pixi+ compatible.

btw, it was delivered with 1.4, so had to update to 1.4.5 - and I did that over WiFi so it was faster - so I guess that answered #1!

and I'd guess with #3 you'd want to log into a profile you aren't using on your primary device, but there's a lot of chat about that topic on this and other threads I think

regarding other deals - from Daily Steals you can link to Ice Monkey - they are selling Pixi+ for the same price with free shipping, or Amazon.com has some sellers around the same price.

good luck!

Clarice
    Last edited by shrxwin; 02/06/2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: fix lame typo
    John, I finally received the Pixi and have wasted lots of time on it. I activated it on ebay for .99 onto Page Plus and added $25 to last for 4 months.

I have been using it only on Wifi with data off and was able to get the system update to 1.4.5.

Tab
    I finally got my tracking number from 1saleaday. It'll be nice to have my Pixi while I wait for the Preł to come out.
    The customer service for the site is absolutely terrible. They charged me for the item, but didn't send a tracking code, and the order didn't show up in the order history on the site. I sent them an email asking about it on the 7th, and they replied on the 9th with a tracking code that said it was an invalid shipping code. Be careful when using this site!
    Last edited by bhughes719; 02/13/2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Shipping took a while but it came Friday afternoon from 1saleaday. Unfortunate news... mine didn't come with a touchstone cover. Weren't the pluses supposed to come with one?
    The pluses did not include the touchstone cover. They were $5 on the verizon website recently.
    Got mine last week from IceMonkey along with an Orange Touchstone back, Touchstone and Car charger from Verizon. Activated it last night on my daughters Verizon line replacing an Alias2. Its her first smartphone and she loves it. Spent quite a bit of time updating to 1.45 adding apps, etc.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Got mine last week from IceMonkey along with an Orange Touchstone back, Touchstone and Car charger from Verizon. Activated it last night on my daughters Verizon line replacing an Alias2. Its her first smartphone and she loves it. Spent quite a bit of time updating to 1.45 adding apps, etc.
    I'm thinking about ordering one from IceMonkey as well along with free shipping because that seems to be the best deal out there right now.

Anyways, how long did it take for you to receive your phone and do you happens to know which state IceMonkey ships from?

Thank You!
    Be careful... There is a hidden fee for pixi... The hidden fee is as much as the pixi itself.

Initially I thought that one touchstone charger and back are enough... But no... I bought one more touchstone charger and AC adapter for my office, and extra (different color) touchstone back. But I am still hungry... I want to collect all touchstone backs...
    if anyone is considering the amazon one, the third party shipped in one day, two-day
    I just got a tracking number for the Pixi+ I ordered from DailySteals last week. So looking forward to my first smart phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltswitch View Post
    I just got a tracking number for the Pixi+ I ordered from DailySteals last week. So looking forward to my first smart phone!
    You actually got a tracking number? I haven't received any emails from them since my double order confirmation email (One Monday night when I ordered, and another Tuesday morning). I checked my order status today and saw it said shipped, but who knows when that happened. I like to be able to look out for my packages.
    Yeah...I got a tracking number (I logged into my account & checked My Orders at D.S.) - unfortunately, it's being shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Yay...this means I can wait another two weeks for it to get to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltswitch View Post
    unfortunately, it's being shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Yay...this means I can wait another two weeks for it to get to me.
    that is strange, mine shows it was sent USPS. Who knows if they paid for priority mail or just sent it out cheap old first class. The tracking number isn't even showing up as valid yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesky View Post
    that is strange, mine shows it was sent USPS. Who knows if they paid for priority mail or just sent it out cheap old first class. The tracking number isn't even showing up as valid yet.
    I think yours was also probably sent out using UPS Mail Innovations. I initially thought mine was a USPS tracking number too, but after I had contacted their sales dept the other day they told me it would be shipped UPS-MI.

Unfortunately I can't post a link as I'm still a n00b here yet. If you do a google search for "ups mail innovations" you'll find their site.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    my order in January had a USPS tracking number and there was no info in the tracking system until the day it arrived in Boise and showed up in my mailbox - but it was worth the wait - I love this phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Doesn't Verizon tack on Smart phone data plan on it automatically?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    hpark21 when you go to the website to activate the phone it will let you know how your plan and options will change. When I switched from my Eris to the Pixi it showed my changing smartphone packages (I don't know why since it is the same cost) and adding in the free mobile hotspot onto my account. Trust me, when you activate it there is no way you can be confused about how it changes your bill. They tell you EXACTLY how it is changed, in my case it didn't alter the price but changed the packages a bit.

Jason
    Okay...update on tracking with UPS Mail Innovations - You can track it via the UPS-MI website, but when there is a notification "Electronic Shipping Info Received" you can then start checking with the regular USPS tracking site with the same number. I'm not sure if that means that it's at my local post office, or if it will shortly arrive there for the handoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    hpark21 when you go to the website to activate the phone it will let you know how your plan and options will change. When I switched from my Eris to the Pixi it showed my changing smartphone packages (I don't know why since it is the same cost) and adding in the free mobile hotspot onto my account. Trust me, when you activate it there is no way you can be confused about how it changes your bill. They tell you EXACTLY how it is changed, in my case it didn't alter the price but changed the packages a bit.

Jason
    My question was with the other guy.

Eries is already a smartphone and you already have some form of smartphone data plan.

I believe the original poster that I quoted had a messaging phone not a smartphone and my question was when he switched phones, whether Verizon tagged on smartphone data plan on it automatically.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast