Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just got mine (with no advanced warning) except they shipped me the CDMA version ...not the GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by CongBroChill17 View Post
    I purchased the phone from Daily Steals as well. Only afterwards did I do some research on the website and all I found were negative reviews. I was pretty worried but 3 or 4 days later I got shipment notification and then yesterday I got the phone, brand new, in the box.

I am very pleased with the service that I received from the company and now I'm looking forward to joining the WebOS community!
    Welcome! Maybe I should get a pixi for my sister...
    got the pixi today. I got the phone for my mom so right now I'm updating to 1.4.5. Then I'll add her numbers then let her enjoy the awesomness that is webOS!!!
    is page plus any good? no contracts? can you cancel the auto pay anytime?
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I just got mine (with no advanced warning) except they shipped me the CDMA version ...not the GSM!
    Wasn't the promotion specifically for Verizon Pixies? Unless there was an option for you to choose which flavor to get, you missed a kind of important bit of information somewhere along the line.

Anyway, I ordered the $50 dollar deal yesterday and am just waiting for mine to come in. It's gonna be my first Palm phone (and smartphone in general) and I figured it would be a good way to hop into the smartphone market without tying myself down to a contract right before HP announces all their new things. If something there catches my eye, I'll get one of those and have the Pixi as a backup. Or give it to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Wasn't the promotion specifically for Verizon Pixies? Unless there was an option for you to choose which flavor to get, you missed a kind of important bit of information somewhere along the line.
    Apparently I did. I've never owned a CDMA phone before so I think I just equated 3G with GSM. So I've bypassed deactivation and on my wifi ...which is cool but was hoping to unlock it for my wife. Oh well. I guess I've got a dveloper phone. All I need to do now is learn to be a developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    is page plus any good? no contracts? can you cancel the auto pay anytime?
    Yes you can cancel the autopay but autopay is not required anyway.

P+ is excellent, especially if you need Verizons extensive rural coverage, but the amount of data that's practical to buy is limited.

PAYGO starts at $10 for 4 months... That's $30 a year to keep the account active, but you MUST renew before 4 months or forfeit the balance.
    Another Paygo option is the $80 pin, good for 1 year. This will buy 2000 minutes or about 66 MB. ($1.20/MB).

monthly plans:
    1200min/1200txt/50MB = $30
    Unlimited TnT and 20MB = $45
    Data overage on the monthly plans is $0.60/MB

P+ will activate any CDMA handset except for Verizon prepaid handsets and Blackberry. (Of course, if it's another brand like Sprint, P+ will accept it, but it can't be activated OTA and data, etc won't work without hacking.)
    Last edited by Johncase3; 02/02/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    Yes you can cancel the autopay but autopay is not required anyway.

P+ is excellent, especially if you need Verizons extensive rural coverage, but the amount of data that's practical to buy is limited.

PAYGO starts at $10 for 4 months... That's $30 a year to keep the account active, but you MUST renew before 4 months or forfeit the balance.
    Another Paygo option is the $80 pin, good for 1 year. This will buy 2000 minutes or about 66 MB. ($1.20/MB).

monthly plans:
    1200min/1200txt/50MB = $30
    Unlimited TnT and 20MB = $45
    Data overage on the monthly plans is $0.60/MB

P+ will activate any CDMA handset except for Verizon prepaid handsets and Blackberry. (Of course, if it's another brand like Sprint, P+ will accept it, but it can't be activated OTA and data, etc won't work without hacking.)
    If I fails to renew the account, what happen? Do I need to activate the phone again? (Is it possible to activate it again?) Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunclear View Post
    If I fails to renew the account, what happen? Do I need to activate the phone again? (Is it possible to activate it again?) Thanks in advance...
    You get a grace period (I think 30 days) to renew, otherwise, you lose the phone number and have to reactivate and get a new number. Others have said that web/Palm account/app store still works via WiFi even after the cell account expires.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    well I have been waiting 2 weeks for mine, finally got the usps number monday but still not showing up in their system
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    keep the faith ynotbike, my usps number didn't show in the system until a couple hours before it was delivered. good luck!
    Got mine today. Bypassed activation and going to town on Preware stuff! Will be an excellent replacement for my Pre Plus if needed.
    got mine
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    keep the faith ynotbike, my usps number didn't show in the system until a couple hours before it was delivered. good luck!
    Well that's good to know. I don't have a shipping number yet so hopefully it's already en route.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    if anyone's order ends up not happening from dailysteals or 1saleaday (I'm still waiting on that order info!) you can get it from Amazon sellers for 58-60 bucks shipped, or Dailysteals 'sister' site IceMonkeys for 60 and free shipping. I'll go with amazon if my 1saleaday is a bust!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I know there was some discussion on this board about 3g hotspot and VZW cancelling the promotion... but I made no mention of it at all when I activated my phone with VZW customer service the other day and today I got a feature change notice from VZW in my email indicating that I now have the VZW mobile 3g hotspot 5g/mo for 0.00. I've been using free tether anyway but at least I have 2 options now!
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    So I recently purchased a Palm Pixi Plus from DailySteals at $60. I originally bought it for developing purposes, but also want to try something out. I currently use a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon as my main phone. I was thinking of dropping verizor for Page Plus, but wanted to test it out before I leave my plan. I was thinking of using the Pixi Plus with Page Plus for a month to see how I feel about the service where I am located (Central Valley, CA). However, I do not know what to do next. I was reading that Page Plus will not activate with a brand new phone that hasn't been activated on another device. But then I read somewhere that you can use meta-doctor to bypass this and have it ready. If this is true, can someone outline the steps that I would need to do to get my Pixi Plus up and running? How do I use meta-doctor? How do I use Page Plus?

Much appreciated!
    Also, if i activate the Pixi Plus on my verizon now, will I be able to make a new Palm Profile, since I believe you can't run it on multiple devices, and I want to keep my Pre Plus?
    One more thing, can the Pre Plus be used on Page Plus?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I can't help with Page Plus questions, but when I activated the new Pixi+ as my phone on Verizon I could've entered a different email address and made a new profile (wish I had - because I made the mistake of turning on my Pre+ while using the Pixi+ and it wiped itself...) good luck!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Posting about the Verizon Pixi Daily Steals had on sale. Almost purchased two; one for myself and another as a gift but I had some questions. I hated to spend the $$, then discover I was wrong about the capabilities.

1. Could I use Wi-Fi to receive any system updates, or do System Updates come only through the cellular connection?

2. I'm a Verizon Wireless customer. I remember going to a web site, entering a couple of ID numbers from a replacement phone, and that activated the new VZW phone. Could I do this to activate the Pixi, use it as a replacement phone, receive any available updates, then switch back to my current Smartphone if I desire? What's that URL?

3. I know someone who doesn't have a cell phone. Uses the Internet more than calling people. The Pixi sounds like the perfect laptop replacement, as long as this person is around unlocked Wi-Fi. Does everything the iPod touch does except Facetime, and for only $50. Correct? How hard would it be to get this computer newbie started with WebOS?

In case I see this deal again, I wanted to know whether to jump at this.

Thanks,
    John
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast