Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I'm very new to the palm rooted palm webos/linux thing, I use to have a jailbroken iphone and it was pretty sweet, but I now have a palm pixi (not a fan of sliders... or thick phones [not jean friendly]) and I bypassed setting up a palm account and as a result (I think) I cant access the app store from my phone even within a wifi network (I dont have a data plan nor do I want one...) anybody know how to remedy this situation without me getting a data plan, I'm not even sure if this problem is caused by my lack of a data plan or coincidentally my lack of a palm account. Among the homebrew apps there are a few others I'd like access to.
    I can log on the net (within a wifi network) on my phone but even if I use a computer and send the app directly to my phone it denies me access.
    I'm perfectly fine with the selection of homebrew apps, but it'd be cool to get a few of the palm approved ones, I'm not a heavy phone user anyway. but any help would be greatly appreciated!
    how did you avoid activation, if you used the meta-doctor, then you should run the "first use" app and set up a profile, if you used Palms developer activation, then you can't access the app catalog
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Along the same lines, I unlocked a Palm Pixi. Gr8. I activated a Palm profile on it using an at&t sim card. Gr8. I removed the card and used Wifi and even installed apps from the catalog via Wifi. Gr8.
    THEN (nooo)
    I put it in developer mode, installed preware and other homebrew apps and then opened preware, it told me to update apps. I said OKaaay (like a nincompoop) and now it won't download anything from the catalog AND it says I need to put in a sim card to log into my phone. BOOOOOO!

Anything I can do without having to metadoctor?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Are you using your phone as just a wifi device? Or are you using it to make calls and stuff?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Are you using your phone as just a wifi device? Or are you using it to make calls and stuff?

Not sure if you are asking both of us but this is the phone that I wanted to uglify and send to my GF in Peru. So yes WiFi for now but on another network when she gets it. I wanted to prep some stuff for her BC she is not as savvy with these things.

EDIT: I wonder if putting it in developer mode makes the phone have to "recheck" its account or something
    Hmm.. I was going to suggest using the Palm Bypass Tool and then using the Show First Use Apppatch in Preware to sign into your profile over wifi. Not sure how using Palm's Bypass tool would effect using the phone as an actual phone though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post

EDIT: I wonder if putting it in developer mode makes the phone have to "recheck" its account or something
    I have no idea why you got logged out of your profile... That shouldn't have happened.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    P.S. Garrett92C, for toting an HTC, I run into you here a lot. Nice to see some "out of towners" frequenting the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    P.S. Garrett92C, for toting an HTC, I run into you here a lot. Nice to see some "out of towners" frequenting the site
    Haha. I'm just not a fan of Android Central lol. I spend my time here and over at the XDA forums.

Plus, I want to keep up to date with all this new Palm stuff being announced soon.

10.    #10  
    Ok, so Im totally in developer mode.
    Im trying to figure out the whole meta doctor thing but Im kinda lost when it comes to sharing folders between ubuntu and MacOSX through virtual box.
    anybody know of CLEAR directions regarding virtual box, ubuntu and mac?
    when using these directions:
    [http:]discussion.treocentral.com/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/221385-cross-platform-meta-doctor-guide-bypass-carrier-activation-etc.htm
    I'm stuck at step 5
    Im sure I can figure it out myself, but it'd be much faster if someone could direct me to right area, thanks again.
    Last edited by H00tieh000; 01/30/2011 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by H00tieh000 View Post
    So I'm very new to the palm rooted palm webos/linux thing, I use to have a jailbroken iphone and it was pretty sweet, but I now have a palm pixi (not a fan of sliders... or thick phones [not jean friendly]) and I bypassed setting up a palm account and as a result (I think) I cant access the app store from my phone even within a wifi network (I dont have a data plan nor do I want one...) anybody know how to remedy this situation without me getting a data plan, I'm not even sure if this problem is caused by my lack of a data plan or coincidentally my lack of a palm account. Among the homebrew apps there are a few others I'd like access to.
    I can log on the net (within a wifi network) on my phone but even if I use a computer and send the app directly to my phone it denies me access.
    I'm perfectly fine with the selection of homebrew apps, but it'd be cool to get a few of the palm approved ones, I'm not a heavy phone user anyway. but any help would be greatly appreciated!

I, if I understand well, am in the same problem. But there was no solution in the thread...

Just bought a new Palm Pixi Plus unlocked here in Canada. And Can't access the app store.

Is there a way to get some application on this phone? Can't access the App Catalog already in it.

Thanks guyz
    And also, is it possible to download application such as Angry Birds and stuff with these kind of phones?
    Someone got any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fit View Post
    i, if i understand well, am in the same problem. But there was no solution in the thread...

Just bought a new palm pixi plus unlocked here in canada. And can't access the app store.

Is there a way to get some application on this phone? Can't access the app catalog already in it.

Thanks guyz
    open the apps store and immediately hit categories it will give an error message go back and it will show the menu hit categories again and you can star downloading apps.
    i can tdownload apps the same message keeps poppin up again
    You got a valid Palm Profile set up? And what's the error message?
    follow these steps to get ur app catalog working.

1) install preware on ur phone.
    2) make sure ur connected to internet and start preware.
    3) u will see it fetches the feeds and u will see a screen showing three categories
    4) select list of everything and start typing unhide first use app.
    5) install it and if it asks to restart ur device do it.
    6) after restart make sure ur connected to internet and open the first use app
    7)sign up for a palm profile and ur device will restart.

if u dont know how to get preware in ur phone google it. You can get Preware here: Preware 1.x

thats it now u can start using ur app catalog and yes you can starting play angry birds and nfs.
    Enjoy.

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/08/2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You got a valid Palm Profile set up? And what's the error message?
    my phone had to be unlocked im in jamaica but he phne basically stll runs on att. i cnt go in app catalog because of the fact i dnt usee att srvice?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdanzii View Post
    my phone had to be unlocked im in jamaica but he phne basically stll runs on att. i cnt go in app catalog because of the fact i dnt usee att srvice?
    That makes very little sense, if one has a palm profile correctly associated and working WiFi, does not matter if the phone is activated on AT&T or on Pluto the App catalog will work...

I have 1 phone (PrePlus) activated, 4 phones (PixiPlus, Pre2, Pre3, and Veer) not/never activated... App Catalog works fine on all but one device my Pre3 which does not have a palm profile associated...
    <threads merged>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast