Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, so I bought a Pixi Plus from Daily Deals yesterday after about a year and half since I last owned a WebOS device! I've been sporting and OG Droid since that time and I honestly can say I think it was/is a great device. Android can be a great OS on its own when coupled with some good developers and great applications. That said I've always monitored WebOS and its growth (sometimes lack of) because its just so damn nice to use and Android just never quite achieved the same finish (I have rooted and used many great ROMs including several with the new Gingerbread pieces spliced in) as WebOS. I feel WebOS is very intuitive in its action integration and card / stacks form of multitasking and while Android can multitask its not very intuitive nor is holding a key to display your last 8 apps really efficient multitasking. So for now I am going to hold on to both, my life is very heavily integrated into Google services, but I'm hoping HP Palm has some great stuff to announce next month and really gives WebOS some mainstream traction to help grow. Once I receive my Pixi I will be overclocking it and looking to this forum to help gain some much needed insight into WebOS so thanks in advance!
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Well welcome back in the meanwhile! We are all holding our (collective) breath around here, hoping for the same soon!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Welcome! What is an OG Droid?
    because the pixi has wifi, I'd suggest just using it as secondary. I have a blackberry storm, and palm pixi, and use both compliments of tethering. It's like both have service.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Original I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    OG stands for Original Gangster (it means he has the first Droid model). The Sprint Pre minus is the OG Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    OG stands for Original Gangster (it means he has the first Droid model). The Sprint Pre minus is the OG Pre.
    We should use that... "OG Pre"

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    We should use that... "OG Pre"
    Haha, I always refer to mine as the OG Pre when talking to my buddy with his AT&T Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sorry OG is in fact original, its so commonplace to announce it that way around the Android forums because every Android is now a "droid" to everyone it seems. Just goes to show you what a difference some marketing $$$$ can do for a product/brand. Moto and Palm were not in all that different of places after the iPhone sparked the influx of consumers into the smartphone market. Moto was not profitable in their mobile phone division and was about to fold, the Droid was their first/last ditch effort and is still a very nice phone. Palm on the other hand had a product that was not marketed or advertised correctly (remember those creepy commercials) but in all areas other than hardware was actually better than most everything out at the time! Fast forward and Moto is thriving off of Android and Palm has been bought out by HP and WebOS has been stagnant.

Wow that went on a little long sorry Anyway I missed WebOS and this was a cheap way back in! Hopefully HPalm drops a sweet phone or 2 at their event along with the nicely integrated tablet that can breath some life into WebOS and draw some people back.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    We're in the same boat. I just bought a used Pixi after about a year and a half with the Nexus One. So far I'm loving my second go with WebOS. Remembering why I loved it so much last time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    I don't wanna leave. I'll stick around as long as palm supports my phones. Looking forward to what make come this year!
    The only thing I would add is that Google was on the second version of Android when Moto came on board. If Palm had got their act together earlier, and had released version 2 of WebOS against version 2 of Android, then they would have had a real shot. But all that doesn't matter.

I'm curious, why buy a WebOS phone now? I'm waiting (it's killing me but I'm waiting) for whatever Palm releases in Feb.

I am so over Android. The only reason I have a Droid Pro is because I just got a major huge contract that has me traveling and I need to edit excel docs on the go. As long as Palm has a faster device, with doc editing, I'm sooooooooo coming back to the WebOS fold.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    The only thing I would add is that Google was on the second version of Android when Moto came on board. If Palm had got their act together earlier, and had released version 2 of WebOS against version 2 of Android, then they would have had a real shot. But all that doesn't matter.

I'm curious, why buy a WebOS phone now? I'm waiting (it's killing me but I'm waiting) for whatever Palm releases in Feb.

I am so over Android. The only reason I have a Droid Pro is because I just got a major huge contract that has me traveling and I need to edit excel docs on the go. As long as Palm has a faster device, with doc editing, I'm sooooooooo coming back to the WebOS fold.
    I came back mostly because of the OS. I had been craigslisting for a used Pre Plus but wanted a minimal investment. Then the Pixi deal came along and I couldn't pass it up!