Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    question....

i have my palm profile activated on sprint with my plussed palm pre +

if i buy a palm pixi plus and activate it via pageplus, can i also use the same palm profile or would i need to create a new one?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    and to be clear, I would like to keep my palm profile active on my palm pre +
    so i guess my question would be, is it possible to have the same profile on two webOS phones on different networks at the same time? (or is that only going to be available in the future with the Pr3/Veer/touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, the gesture tutorial does not complete because when you get to the part of the demo that does the up gesture, it goes to card view. So I just flipped the tutorial off.

From there, I could open the catalog. I'm not sure what you mean by "no catalog"...is the icon just not there or you can't log in? Also, it make take a while for the setup to finish and restart on its own.
    Thank you SO much for responding. I flipped it like you did to close it. There is no icon for the catalog is there another way to pull it up?
    I let it sit overnight with the circle spinning waiting for it to restart.
    It created an account for me because I can resign in when I try to run start up again. It never gets past the same point. I also got the email from them saying that I have an account.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Nothing to do with blocked country list.

Edit: Doctor to 1.4.5 and seen what your profile says.
    You're talking about a Pixi or a Pre??
    I have the pixi plus.
    NorManley
    I have the Palm pixi plus.
    Now the big question. If I go to US get another "unlocked-but really ATT" pixi plus buy a prepaid ATT card and create new profile and acivate phone in US THEN return to Jamaica-on my local sim card would I have access to App Catolgue.
    Presently I see the App icon but denied access.
    NorManley
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I already answered your question.
    You just don't understand the answer.
    ok, sorry for misunderstanding. It seems I am stuck with the phone as is and getting anotherone in FLA, wont help with the apps catalog issue.
    All very strange which stricks me at odds with the underlying principle with WebOS devices, transportability.
    May go back to my reliable Centro. Bummer. I loved the pixi plus but for the Diary applet and hotsync with palm desktop.
    NorManley
    I chat with agent at hp/palm explained lack of appcat in jamaica issue and he said he consulted technical dept, and suggested if I came to US using jamaican sim card roaming (i know expensive) (in florida it defaults to cingular) re- register with different profile I should get app cat. Then buy apps i wanted and would have everything available on return to jamaica. this whole topic is very confused.
    NorManley
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Alright, I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Pre that I got new for cheap. I ran the webOS doctor to update to 1.4.5. Then I used the activation bypass tool. Then I installed PreWare and the show First Use patch which by the way will not show up in Spanish.

I tried running First Use and it tries calling Verizon and fails because I am in Colombia, and there is no CDMA carrier here. When I try App Catalog, Updates, or Verizon Navigator it just sits there and doesn't find anything. I have it connected via WiFi.

Is there any way to get App Catalog to work?
    Anyone know I would like to get this phone for my GF too but she is mid plan with Verizon and has a Samsung Reality. Her phone does have the $9.99 per month 250MB data plan which she doesn't want to upgrade. Will she be allowed to have the phone?
    Just for the record:

You can bypass activation, and install preware via webos QI, and then use the "show first use app" patch from preware to activate your phone via wifi.

I activated my phone with palm profile via wifi two weeks before i activated my phone on verizon's network.

Also, if you buy a verizon palm pixi plus phone from a source outside of verizon, you cant be tied into a 1-2 year contract! =0
    Stantri Nineco
    Austin Based Freelance Writer
    Ok, I am about to start my Pixi Plus on PagePlus for T&T and data. I am confused what to do first. Call Kitty Wireless to activate the phone first Then turn it on and create a profile ( and I suppose that will enable me to use full App catalog). Or Run the Doctor, update the preware, create profile and THEN call to port a number (I am currently on Verizon, but leaving it) and activate the device? Please help.
    Last edited by Ser_vip; 04/24/2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: change of question
    all this talk of verizion pixis, I hae a question about ATT pixis. I hae an extra one here, is it possible to run it without a SIM? I booted it up, and it gets stuck in a "sos only" please insert sim screen that I can't get off of!
    Stupid Question Time: I have ATT pixi plus activated in the USA. I need to unlock the phone for use in Jamaica, WI.
    Will this affect my activation in USA?
    Important to me because pixi's activated in Jamaica, No app catalog-period.
    NorManley
    I just got my $40 pixi plus and this guide worked 100%

Thanks a ton malpha!

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The Palm Pixi's I ordered today came in, so I will answer the OP's question fully for everyone:

0. The Pixi Plus from DailySteals came with 1.4.0 on it. Ran the doctor to update it to 1.4.5.

1. After that I ran the Palm Bypass Tool. This reboots the Pixi in developer mode.

2. Next, I installed Preware via the terminal. Once there, I installed both Show First Use App and Enable Activation Patch by arthurthorton.

3. Clicked on the First Use app, was able to create an entirely new profile without having activated.

4. Once the gesture tutorial started, flicked the First Use App off and opened the App Catalog.

5. Accepted License terms and put in a credit card.

6. Proceeded to buy Smiles Drop, which is on sale for $0.99

7. Purchase went through.

So, there you go, with this you get full access to app catalog even without having activated the phone at all and creating entirely new profile.
    So this is a repeat of my question above, just so it's not lost in the thread. Thanks

Ok, I am about to start my Pixi Plus on PagePlus for T&T and data. I am confused what to do first.
    1.Call Kitty Wireless to activate the phone first Then turn it on and create a profile ( and I suppose that will enable me to use full App catalog).
    2.Or Run the Doctor, update the preware, create profile and THEN call to port a number (I am currently on Verizon, but leaving it) and activate the device?
    3. Do I need to run a Bypass?
    4. How do I make sure my Pixi is fully functional on Page plus carrier wit T&T unlimited plan
    5. Should I wait for activation until physically turning on the device? or I can turn it on and immediately call Kitty to port and activate ESN?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Ser_vip; 04/24/2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser_vip View Post
    Ok, I am about to start my Pixi Plus on PagePlus for T&T and data. I am confused what to do first.
    Well this is what I did to activate mine on Kitty Wireless ...

0) Leave phone off for now.

1) Read peestandingup's post.

2) Purchase the $5.00 activation from Kitty Wireless.

3) (this is not *really* needed, but I like a clean doctored phone when new) Download the 1.4.5 doctor for the Verizon Palm Pixi and flash it onto the new pixi. On your computer run the doctor. Leave your phone off. Push the up-volume button. And then plug in the usb cable into it. Let it flash and then restart it. Note: if you don't doctor the phone NOW it will update LATER. And LATER means a 200MB data download via the phone's data or wifi.

4) Turn on your phone and and follow the instructions I linked above.

5) You should be all good to go on having the Pixi Plus running. Call and text to and from it as a test. The $2 credit will handle this.

Extra Money Saver 1) Turn off data by running the phone app, go to preferences, and then turn off all data.

Extra Money Saver 2) Get a Google Voice number, have unlimited texts, and a better voice mail system through the browser (or Voogle) using only wifi.

Personally, I got the Pixi Plus as an emergency phone around the house. But, I actually like it better then my Sprint Pre-. Sad that Sprint didn't at least get the Pixi Plus to replace the Pixi's they still sell.

If Google had a Google Talk app for VOIP via Google Voice, this would be the greatest wifi home phone ever.
    Yea what arrasmith said, except I went to ebay and bought a .99 activation thing through kittywireless. You have to wait for their email for your MEID and fill out some other stuff after that they activate it. Then I followed peestandingup's post:

1) get a Page Plus dealer to do the port or activation (costs 0.99 cents on eBay) -- have to give some details like MEID Hex # (of phone) besides some details regarding my former account/phone# (if doing a port over)
    2) wait for the email from dealer saying your activation or port is successful
    3) turn on pixi plus (for first time)
    4) select english
    5) it asks if you want it to activate the phone on verizon - DO NOT say YES or NEXT.
    6) below you will see an option to call a number in gray - click it and select emergency call
    7) delete 911 and enter *22890 and click call- it will take a while to activate the phone on pageplus (about 1 minute)
    8) after the activation is succesful, select call -> emergency call -> delete 911 and enter a phone # (any 10 digit phone number) -- end of that cal , select 1 for english (you must wait to select this option)
    9) thats it.. make a call out of it and make a call into this number from another phone just to make sure all is ok
    10) reboot the phone
    11) upon reboot, it says 'activation success' or something like that (you may have to select the language one more time)
    12) setup wifi & you're all good

It got me going and still have a few minutes on my P+ and will use kittywireless if I ever need minutes on that plan. I use wifi only. I used it for an mp3 player on my bike and tested it, it will play nonstop for over 24 hours
    Thank you all guys. It all worked perfectly using KittyWireless. I appreciate all the posts. I think THIS page of this thread is essential for folks like me, who just got a cool phone and want all cool features on it to work. Great job. Thanks, community!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser_vip View Post
    Thank you all guys. It all worked perfectly using KittyWireless. I appreciate all the posts. I think THIS page of this thread is essential for folks like me, who just got a cool phone and want all cool features on it to work. Great job. Thanks, community!
    Ditto I really like the pixi as a suped up IPOD. And only cost me ~$50. Take that APPLE! (Plus if/when my pre ever breaks I have a back up )
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    In case anyone noticed my messages saying I followed the guidance given and I couldn't get App Catalog to work.

Well in a post by Malpha he mentioned installing the Enable Activation Patch by arthurthorton. Well that solve my problem. I was able to get my Palm Pixi Plus working with Wi-Fi, and the App Catalog without ever connecting to a service provider. I have been able to install a tons of apps, and I have been enjoying the device for over a month now.
    Thanks!!
    I hope this thread continues to help others as the Palm Pixi Plus continues to be offered for $50-$60 and is a nice Wi-Fi, Web, Game, Audio, & Video device that doesn't need a service provider. The only thing I haven't gotten to work is VOIP.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast