Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Alright, so heres the scoop.

These are all the steps that I performed to get App Catalog Access without activating my Verizon Palm Pixi Plus.

I used WebOS Doctor to make sure it was on 1.4.5. Then I used Palms Activation Bypass tool. From there I installed Preware. I couldn't find the First USE patch, so I found it on a thread here and installed it via webos quick install. Used First Use App. Signed into the Profile that I had originally used on my Sprint Palm Pre ( I do not have that phone signed into any profile at the moment). It then gave me app catalog access but I rebooted by holding down alt sym r anyways. It booted up and started downloading everything from my profile, apps email accounts. etc. The App catalog still seems goofy, I have to open and close a lot but it seems to work.
    I followed the exact same procedure as you mentioned here. First used WebOS Doctor to update the phone to 1.4.5. Then I used Palm Activation Bypass tool. I am now able to bypass activation and able to use the phone. I then installed preware and installed "Show First use App" patch and Luna restart. When I click on First use app , it takes me through the activation steps and calls verizon to activate the phone, and ofcourse it fails as I don't have this phone activated on verizon. I am not able to get to the create profile option at all.

Please please someone help me here... Not sure what I am doing wrong..
    I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus activated on Page Plus. This is my first smart phone, so I am bumbling my way through all this. So far, I have created a Palm profile, updated to V1.4.5 and downloaded preware. Phone seems to be working properly but I'm lost with this Wi-Fi stuff. Have never used Wi-Fi before. I go into my Wi-Fi app, enable Wi-fi, search for a open network and hit join. Sometimes I get a "IF connection failed" message and other times it seems to connect. When it says "connected to network", I attempt to go to an internet site (Amazon) but I get a "no internet connection" message. What am I doing wrong? Is there a Wiki for setting up Wi-Fi on this phone? The Palm Pixi Plus user guide has not been very useful. TIA!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    hmm, i still don't know that answer, because i completed the activation through pageplus and did the provisioning. but that all happened before creating the profile.

once i bypassed profile creation, got on wifi, made the first use icon visible, i was able to create a profile over wifi.

sorry i can't be more helpful.
    I also tried activating through PagePlus. However, I got stuck at profile creation. How do you bypass this? At this point, I know how to enable WiFi. Also, where can I find the first use icon? What does it look like?
    Sorry for bringing up a dead topic but does any of this work?

Some people have been saying it does and other have issues.
    why cant we pixi users have the same help like the pre users have in this site... please don't leave pixi users behind. develop on the pixi too.

=(
    carthikm likes this.
    The Palm Pixi's I ordered today came in, so I will answer the OP's question fully for everyone:

0. The Pixi Plus from DailySteals came with 1.4.0 on it. Ran the doctor to update it to 1.4.5.

1. After that I ran the Palm Bypass Tool. This reboots the Pixi in developer mode.

2. Next, I installed Preware via the terminal. Once there, I installed both Show First Use App and Enable Activation Patch by arthurthorton.

3. Clicked on the First Use app, was able to create an entirely new profile without having activated.

4. Once the gesture tutorial started, flicked the First Use App off and opened the App Catalog.

5. Accepted License terms and put in a credit card.

6. Proceeded to buy Smiles Drop, which is on sale for $0.99

7. Purchase went through.

So, there you go, with this you get full access to app catalog even without having activated the phone at all and creating entirely new profile.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    nice. and this is without even inserting a SIM card?
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    nice. and this is without even inserting a SIM card?
    Yes, the Verizon Pixi doesn't have one because it is CDMA.

If you are using a GSM/SIM card model, it's a little different. I believe on AT&T the Pre/Pixi are carrier-locked, so you can only access paid apps if you activate the phone on AT&T. GSM is a whole 'nother ballgame, best to ask GuyFromNam about that.

But yes, with this Verizon model that's what happened. I had the phone radio on, but the triangle that means your phone was unprogrammed was on.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Malpha...your explanation was for some reason the one that made the most sense to me. Thank you!! I followed it but Im having trouble when it goes through the gesture tutorial and it gets to the flip up it gets stuck there. If I flip it up nothing is different no app catalog. Then I restart and go through set up again, because I cannot see the app catalog and it goes through signing in to palm (I have my account went to their web site and everything) and wants to restart but gets stalled there. So I have no app catalog and I cannot figure out what to do to get past it. I have a Palm Pixie Plus. Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewarriorchild View Post
    Malpha...your explanation was for some reason the one that made the most sense to me. Thank you!! I followed it but Im having trouble when it goes through the gesture tutorial and it gets to the flip up it gets stuck there. If I flip it up nothing is different no app catalog. Then I restart and go through set up again, because I cannot see the app catalog and it goes through signing in to palm (I have my account went to their web site and everything) and wants to restart but gets stalled there. So I have no app catalog and I cannot figure out what to do to get past it. I have a Palm Pixie Plus. Thank you!!!
    Mine got stuck at the gesture tutorial, too, whenever you flick it up it just goes into card view and won't let you complete it! So I flicked it off, but my app catalog was there. I believe the app catalog icon was there when I booted the device.

Did you restart it after signing in again? Also is this the first time you've used the device or were you using it before you followed what I did? And did you use the Palm Bypass Tool and/or doctor first?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    malpha thank you so much! I think I will order mine now.
    It was a new unactivated phone and I restarted several times. Like it would magically appear lol I used the bypass and I think the Dr, Is that the one that upgraded the os?
    I have a unlocked ATT palm pixi plus (bought online advertised as unlocked) for use in Kingston, Jamaica using local GSM network.
    I activated phone with palm, but still the app catalogue is either empty or unavialable at this time.
    Any solution would be welcome.
    Thanks In advance
    Norman Manley
    NorManley
    GuyfromNam I stated above where I was stuck. What else do you want to know? I appreciate your help!! Also wanted to add that it is on Verizon and Im U.S.
    Last edited by thewarriorchild; 03/18/2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: add txt
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Jamaica may be on the blocked countries list.
    That seems to be the issue. I may have to travel to the US and reactivate phone from there, using different credentials.
    Anyway thanks for the post.
    NorManley
    My version of WebOS is 1.40.30. I have tried to install and updated version of OS without success. I cannot even get a homebrew version onto phone. Would the fact that Jamaica may be on the blocked countries list be a problem
    NorManley
    "Malpha...your explanation was for some reason the one that made the most sense to me. Thank you!! I followed it but Im having trouble when it goes through the gesture tutorial and it gets to the flip up it gets stuck there. If I flip it up nothing is different no app catalog. Then I restart and go through set up again, because I cannot see the app catalog and it goes through signing in to palm (I have my account went to their web site and everything) and wants to restart but gets stalled there. So I have no app catalog and I cannot figure out what to do to get past it. I have a Palm Pixie Plus. Thank you!!! "

It flips to card view and then back if you want but it doesn't do anything else. So I flipped it off. Is that better, I hope??
    Normanley cant wipe his phone and start again??
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Hey guys if you can't be bothered to read stickies and threads on geo-restrictions and activation requirements, I'm outta here. Cheerio.
    Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewarriorchild View Post
    "Malpha...your explanation was for some reason the one that made the most sense to me. Thank you!! I followed it but Im having trouble when it goes through the gesture tutorial and it gets to the flip up it gets stuck there. If I flip it up nothing is different no app catalog. Then I restart and go through set up again, because I cannot see the app catalog and it goes through signing in to palm (I have my account went to their web site and everything) and wants to restart but gets stalled there. So I have no app catalog and I cannot figure out what to do to get past it. I have a Palm Pixie Plus. Thank you!!! "

It flips to card view and then back if you want but it doesn't do anything else. So I flipped it off. Is that better, I hope??
    Yes, the gesture tutorial does not complete because when you get to the part of the demo that does the up gesture, it goes to card view. So I just flipped the tutorial off.

From there, I could open the catalog. I'm not sure what you mean by "no catalog"...is the icon just not there or you can't log in? Also, it make take a while for the setup to finish and restart on its own.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast