1.    #1  
    Hello all!

We got my Mom a Pixi Plus (from verizon) and she loves it. There is just one tiny problem. The phone self restarts on it's own randomly. What happens is the device will freeze while you try to do something and then restart.

It has the current software 1.4.5. This seems to be a common problem. Are there any ways to remedy this? Or is it something that might be fixed in 2.0?

Thanks
    i had a loose battery in my wifes. had to wedge a piece of paper between the battery and the side wall and havent had it restart since. take a look at hers and see for yourself.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    ^....+1 on the battery. I put a layer of electrical tape on the top edge and have not had a single issue since.
    But that will not explain the freeze I think. It would just switch off.
    Sounds like something else.

Are there patches on it? May be doctoring would be an idea.
    I second the doctoring idea. Mine had the same issue prior to 1.4.5, then I doctored to prepare for the upgrade and haven't had the problem since.
  6.    #6  
    Sorry I'm new with WebOS.

As for patches when we got the phone it did not have the 1.4.5 software on it. We had to update it.

I don't believe there's been any patches and I'm not sure what doctoring is.
    sounds like it's stock, which my wifes was as well when hers was having the same issue. I heard it's possible the momentary freeze is just leftover juice after the battery has broken contact that still powers the display for a split second. Buuuut that came from some tech guy on the phone... So take it with a grain of salt.
  8.    #8  
    What's the best way to see if the battery is loose? See if it wiggles a lot?
    look where the prongs make contact with the battery. Now when the battery is in, push the battery closer to the metal prongs and see how much movement you get in there.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    look where the prongs make contact with the battery. Now when the battery is in, push the battery closer to the metal prongs and see how much movement you get in there.
    Yeah there's somewhat of a gap. I can't post an image of the picture I took of it. Maybe I can PM it to you to make sure I did it right.

ht_tp://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2748/img20110126122539.jpg

Just remove the underscore.
    thats less than mine was, but u already have the tape on there. is it still restarting.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  12.    #12  
    It did once. So I moved it up a bit past the battery release grip which seems to hold it in more. I haven't heard/seen a reset yet.

I just ripped a piece from the bottom of a sticky note slip.
    I've always had this problem. I alway thought it was probably a hardware or software thing unrelated to the battery. I just pushed my battery closer and stuck a couple little pieces of paper in there to hold it in place. I'll let you guys know if it fixes it.
    it should. Fixed it everytime, unless you are overclocked and your phones not liking your settings...
  15.    #15  
    It restarted again. Should I try a longer piece of paper?
    so I've had it rigged with the paper for like 2 or 3 days now, and not one restart. It usually happens at least once a day. Thanks for the advice dudes.
    It could be a loose battery. An easy way to test if the battery is loose is very gently drop the phone from about 5-6 inches off the top of a table onto its backside. If the phone shuts off/restarts you know its your battery. It won't hurt the phone either so don't worry about that.

If it doesn't restart then it's probably your phone overheating in which you need to doctor your phone (restore it to factory settings). If you need help with that let me know and I'll pm you the link to Palm's WebOS Doctor website.

Good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fadepoint89 View Post
    It could be a loose battery. An easy way to test if the battery is loose is very gently drop the phone from about 5-6 inches off the top of a table onto its backside. If the phone shuts off/restarts you know its your battery. It won't hurt the phone either so don't worry about that.

If it doesn't restart then it's probably your phone overheating in which you need to doctor your phone (restore it to factory settings). If you need help with that let me know and I'll pm you the link to Palm's WebOS Doctor website.

Good luck!!
    They already worked on that!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fadepoint89 View Post

Good luck!!
    Shoot me a link to the website.
  20.    #20  
    It's not working. Now the phone is telling her to replace the battery. I found the WebOS doctor site and might give it a go. If it still continues to do it I'll have to call verizon and see what can be done. The store by us has no pixis what so ever and this is pretty unacceptable behavior from the device.
    Last edited by Seowave; 02/03/2011 at 03:03 PM.