Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am fed up with Sprint's refusal to help me with the issues that my Bold 9650 is having! I want a new phone, and not only is this Blackberry not working, but I am sick of the Blackberry OS. I am going to buy a phone off contract (that is relatively cheap) and use it until my 2-year upgrade in July. I was considering the Pixi, since I love WebOS, the form factor, and the awesome keyboard. However, I was also considering an Android device, like the LG Optimus S. What should I do? I'm leaning towards the Pixi, but it is over a year old, and I'm not sure if it is still a good phone! Thanks!
    Palm Pixi Sprint, webOS 1.4.5 (Overclocked to 806.4 MHz using UberKernel)
    Devices Palm Pixi, BlackBerry Bold 9650, Barnes & Noble nook, Apple iMac
    Have you used a webOS phone before? If not, get a pixi to hold you over and get used to webOS and what you can do with it. Then when they release new webOS phones this year, use your upgrade. Thats my advice.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Have you used a webOS phone before? If not, get a pixi to hold you over and get used to webOS and what you can do with it. Then when they release new webOS phones this year, use your upgrade. Thats my advice.
    Sounds good. I have not owned one before, but I've played around with them in the stores and a friend has a Pixi Plus from AT&T. Is there any difference (besides storage and Wi-Fi) between the Plus and Minus?
    The pixi and pixi plus are pretty much the same phone with the exception of what you mentioned. Also, if you get a webOS device now, you can start building your app collection. When new devices come out you will be able to transfer them over to your new phone. If you get an android device for the time being, you will lose all your apps you get with android unless you decide to stick with an Android phone.
    It is a great phone, but I might wait a month to see what is new with HP Palm if you can.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Gave my son one for xmass, he loves it. Both my wife and I have Sprint Pres.
    If you won't miss the WiFi, get it over the Pre. Much better form factor.
    The pixi is a good phone, but just keep in mind that it is not as powerful as the Pre, so you won't be able to use all the apps in the app catalog (such as most 3D games)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm not sure what area you live in, but Palm Pre's on Craigslist in the Bay Area are about $90. That's incredibly cheap and might be worth it over a Pixi.
    the pixi is awesome
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    i have had a lot of phones.

Every device has its own "superpower"

Nokia E52 - small, long-life
    Nokia N97 - keyboard, big screen
    Iphone 3Gs - wel build, apps
    Iphone 4 - "design", see 3gs
    HTC HD2 - size
    HTC Mozart - Aluframe
    Blackberry 9700 - mail

at the end i stayed with the pixi, because for me it is a mix of all these devices. I would only love to have the glass of iphone, frame of mozart, batterylife of e52 and push of bb.

You have to charge it every day, but with the touchstone you dont notice it. When your sitting on your desk you would put it on the table, but instead you put it on the charger and when you leave, it is already charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The pixi is a good phone, but just keep in mind that it is not as powerful as the Pre, so you won't be able to use all the apps in the app catalog (such as most 3D games)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think the difference is negligible, especially on the Pre Minus and Pixi Minus. Plus with 1.4.5 the Pixi gained 3D game support.

I had the Pre originally, then when I switched to Verizon I willingly opted for the Pixi, as the form factor alone made up for the lower grade CPU, which I came to notice wasn't even that much slower (especially now that I've overclocked it.)

I say Pixi, 100% over Pre. You can find them on craigslist dirt cheap.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! Just bought a refurb Pixi!
    when webOS 2 comes out you can't watch flash videos if you buy a pixi.
    this is not confirmed, yet
    Its been confirmed many times that pixi will not have flash.

Evo-lution
    The article states the Pixi and Pixi + are not compatible with flash.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Thank you dear. =)

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Thank you dear. =)

Evo-lution
    Always welcome, babe!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast