1.    #1  
    I am trying to update webos from 1.4.0 to 1.4.5 on Verizon. In Updates, it says it is a 23Mb download (I assume 1.4.1.1 is in the 23Mb somewhere?).

So it downloads, slowly. It unpacks, slowly. Then it fails validation with the following message:

"The update failed to properly validate. This problem can usually be fixed if you wait a little while, then try again. We'll try again for you in about a day."

I have waited a little while. Same error three times.

Has anyone experienced this error? If so, did you get around it? How?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    try changing connection method. If you did it over wifi, do it over 3g. If you did it over 3g, switch to wifi.

How did you manage to still be on 1.4.0? If all else fails you can just doctor directly to 1.4.5
    Yeah I would recommend that you just use webOS doctor to install 1.4.5 on your Pixi. The doctor is a program you download on your computer that will reset your device to factory settings and can be used to install later versions of webOS on your phone. The USB drive shouldn't be wiped clean, but you should still backup just in case. All your contacts, accounts, and apps will be restored from your palm profile after you doctor.

You can find it here: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/pre/recoverytool/deviceselector_en.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    I finally got it to work. The secret? Tapping the screen. Really. If at any time during the download, unpacking, or validation that my phone "went to sleep," and the process would fail.

But thanks so much for the great suggestions. Much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkbry View Post
    I finally got it to work. The secret? Tapping the screen. Really. If at any time during the download, unpacking, or validation that my phone "went to sleep," and the process would fail.

But thanks so much for the great suggestions. Much appreciated!
    Glad that worked out but by design it's not supposed to do as you described for it's supposed to operate in the background. Usually updates fix OS bugs but if other odds come up don't hesitate to run the doc.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....