Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Also, you can turn on compache to help with too many cards errors.
    Contrary to popular belief, it's not actually the compcache kernel module that removes the too many cards errors, it's the specific change to the TMC algorithm that we have made in the kernel which does that.

Compcache just makes using the extra space that you have after the TMC would have previously occurred faster to access (since it's in less-fast compressed RAM, rather than very slow flash).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is this just in the testing feed? I haven't seen any updates in my preware.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Sent from my proudly-owned EVO, by way of Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    It's actually quite annoying. Isn't there a way to turn that off? And not just you...but anyone who has a regular sig WITHIN the post itself...via Android or webOS.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    It's actually quite annoying. Isn't there a way to turn that off? And not just you...but anyone who has a regular sig WITHIN the post itself...via Android or webOS.

in User CP
    go to Settings & Options click edit options
    and the Thread Display Options uncheck Show Signatures

the only problem is that's not his sig you'll see it everything he post
    I stand corrected!

I can't believe I missed spelled "compcache" as well too.

Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, it's not actually the compcache kernel module that removes the too many cards errors, it's the specific change to the TMC algorithm that we have made in the kernel which does that.

Compcache just makes using the extra space that you have after the TMC would have previously occurred faster to access (since it's in less-fast compressed RAM, rather than very slow flash).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    in User CP
    go to Settings & Options click edit options
    and the Thread Display Options uncheck Show Signatures

the only problem is that's not his sig you'll see it everything he post
    I know about this setting...already have those turned off. I'm talking about all those 'posted using...' or 'sent from my...' lines at the end of folks' posts. TURN 'EM OFF, PLEASE!
    So Can i just download govanah, and pixi uberkernal, to get rid of TMC, i don't care much for overclocking.
  8.    #28  
    Well I have been away from WebOS using my OG Droid but thanks for the replies. I see the post turned into a sig event. But thanks for the replies. Back using my PIxi Plus, def missed how smooth it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    So Can i just download govanah, and pixi uberkernal, to get rid of TMC, i don't care much for overclocking.

yes you can!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12