Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    My original Pixi's screen cracked and I had to replace mine with a Pixi my friend gave me. After getting preware and getting all the patches I realized that the Sprint Football Live app was missing. I also noticed that Navigation and all the other sprint default apps were missing too. I'm not sure what happened and I don't want all of them, just football and navigation.

    Anyone have a similar problem?
    any solutions?
  2. #2  
    Did you apply the patches to hide them, maybe?

    Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocielmtz View Post
    My original Pixi's screen cracked and I had to replace mine with a Pixi my friend gave me. After getting preware and getting all the patches I realized that the Sprint Football Live app was missing. I also noticed that Navigation and all the other sprint default apps were missing too. I'm not sure what happened and I don't want all of them, just football and navigation.

    Anyone have a similar problem?
    any solutions?
    Try installing the hide nfl patch in preware and hide sprint nav as well .. Luna restart and uninstall both patches followed by a luna restart and report back

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    I didn't have the patches to hide them applied but I had the same idea sketch42 had. When I tried installing the hide patches i got an error message that told me to see the IPKG Log.
  5.    #5  
    I also tried hard resetting the pixi but that didn't work either
  6.    #6  
    Maybe it'd help if I rephrase my question: How can I reinstall Sprint's default apps?
  7. #7  
    Sounds like the tweaks to hide them are already installed.

    It might be a good idea to just doctor the phone.

    Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocielmtz View Post
    I didn't have the patches to hide them applied but I had the same idea sketch42 had. When I tried installing the hide patches i got an error message that told me to see the IPKG Log.
    This can only mean one thing. 'Something' has modified the files that tell the launcher to show those apps. It was either done manually through the command line, by installing an app or patch (probably through preware that hid them) or the WebOSQuickInstall tweaks that hide them.

    If you got the phone used from someone else and don't know what may or may not have been done, the doc is your best friend. Realistically, you should have doctored it to begin with anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocielmtz View Post
    Maybe it'd help if I rephrase my question: How can I reinstall Sprint's default apps?
    When you received the Pixi from your friend, did you doctor it at that point to start fresh (or had your friend done so)? If so, I'd guess that doctor wasn't the one for Sprint. Depending upon your technical level, you could either dig into the Sprint WebOS Doctor for Pixi and install just those apps you want, or you could just doctor with the Sprint version. You can go to WebOS Internals page for the Sprint Pixi WebOS Doctor.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions