Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I just erased the apps and data on my phone. I installed preware, and it's not recognizing any of my patches. They did not get erased, but preware says their not even installed. What can i do to make it recognize that they are there?
    if you think your patches are still active but not reported by preware, try running "emergency reconstruction utility". This is available in preware and fixes a corrupt pkg status file.
    If you performed a "Erase Apps & Data" reset, you wiped out all that stuff. Did you use the Save/Restore app from Preware before performing the reset? If not, you will have to manually re-add all of your patches.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I did use save/restore. But honestly i never did figure out how to reload all my information after any wipe.
    LOL... It's actually pretty straight forward. Here is the link to the wiki page with the step-by-step directions: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals

Basically, let your device reload all of the paid apps and stuff from the backup profile. Once that is done, copy the Save/Restore folder back to your device from your computer (Hopefully you moved it from your device to your computer before the reset).
    Open Save/Restore and select the items you want to restore and click 'restore selected'.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... It's actually pretty straight forward. Here is the link to the wiki page with the step-by-step directions: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals

Basically, let your device reload all of the paid apps and stuff from the backup profile. Once that is done, copy the Save/Restore folder back to your device from your computer (Hopefully you moved it from your device to your computer before the reset).
    Open Save/Restore and select the items you want to restore and click 'restore selected'.
    Ah man i'm dumb. I'll just EPR it and re do it all. Next time im gonna read on how stuff works before i assume it'll do it's thing. lol But now i'm gonna do it right.
    If it makes you feel any better... I messed up using Save/Restore twice! LOL I may have missed a step above (I'm posting from memory), but be sure you read up first. It really is pretty easy, but you do have to remember to do a couple of things in order to make it all worth it. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Hmm. I trying to install my battery patch. It's saying its already installed, but it's not working.. WHY MEEEE!!!! i need to go to sleep i'll worry about it tomorrow..
    Start fresh tomorrow and run the EPR.
    Yes when you do the erase apps and data it wipes the cryptofs folder where the data is stored but it doesn't modify the files that have been changed so all patches will still work you will just have to use the EPR or some other method to get clean installs of patches.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    EPR still wouldn't allow me to install my battery patch. I just doctored it again.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    For those wondering how Save/restore works, i found this article:

Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore App | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Very easy to understand!