1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I recently purchased a Pixi Plus, and have been looking round for worthwhile apps to install. I've seen a combination of UberKernel & Govnah mentioned in a couple of places, and have managed to figure out that UberKernel is a replacement for the stock Palm one, and Govnah seems to be a tool for tweaking settings on your phone.

There are a few things I wanted to ask about these though.

1) Realistically what sort of benefits am I likely to achieve, is it just improved battery life, and is the improvement quantifiable, e.g if I was getting 12hrs before, am I going to get 16hrs after.

2) I believe I need to install PreWare to use these applications, and to do this I need to enter developer mode on the phone. Can somebody just confirm to me how to enter dev mode.

3) Does the phone have to go into developer mode each time you want to use install from PreWare, or just for the initial installation of PreWare.

4)How do I exit developer mode.

I know these are real noob questions, but this is my first time using WebOS (awesome btw) so figure it is easier to just get them out of the way. Also, if there are any other suggestions of what to install I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thanks,
    All these questions and more are answered in the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by tanny81 View Post
    1) Realistically what sort of benefits am I likely to achieve, is it just improved battery life, and is the improvement quantifiable, e.g if I was getting 12hrs before, am I going to get 16hrs after.

2) I believe I need to install PreWare to use these applications, and to do this I need to enter developer mode on the phone. Can somebody just confirm to me how to enter dev mode.

3) Does the phone have to go into developer mode each time you want to use install from PreWare, or just for the initial installation of PreWare.

4)How do I exit developer mode.
    1) It will help with the "too many cards" error. It may speed up your experience on webOS depending on what settings you use. You will see a difference though.

2) Yes, you need to install preware. To get into developer mode, go to the main screen (background) and type: webos20090606 and it will come up with a developer mode icon. Click it, turn it on. it will ask to restart. Do so.

3) No, it only has to be in developer mode to install preware. After that you can repeat step 2 and turn it off once preware is installed.

4) Read step 3.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post

2) Yes, you need to install preware. To get into developer mode, go to the main screen (background) and type: webos20090606 and it will come up with a developer mode icon. Click it, turn it on. it will ask to restart. Do so.
    Aww man, you can't cheat a noob out of the Konami code
    Instead of typing webos20090606, you can type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

It accomplishes the same thing, just a little more fun and geeky
    Brings back memories of the old Super NES

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Hi Tanny81,

Honestly... be sure to grab a copy of the documentation Rod mentions above from the App Catalog. It will not only answer every question you could have about not only this stuff but all the other goodies too! It is only a few cents and supports the webOS Internals team and keeps them running to bring these great things to us for our phones!

Welcome to PreCentral, webOS, and your new addictions!
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Aww man, you can't cheat a noob out of the Konami code
    Instead of typing webos20090606, you can type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

It accomplishes the same thing, just a little more fun and geeky
    Brings back memories of the old Super NES
    Off topic but i used to use that code on gradius on NES :-)
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware