1.    #1  
    Just got my wife a Pixi, and am wondering about the function of the hole near (about 1.5cm) the bottom on the right side of the back cover. I've searched the Pixi PDF and this forum, but can't find the answer. I'm sure someone knows!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    If you are talking about what I think your talking about you will notice that when you open the back cover there is a hook type thing in front of the hole. This hook is supposed to be used for (As far as i know) wrist straps so you can avoid dropping your phone. You can also put in cell phone charms and what not, basically to accessorize your Pixi.

Example for a wrist strap:
    http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-202316...bosnation0e-20
    this hole is the microphone
  4.    #4  
    That makes sense, as I see a hook-type structure on the inside of the phone that would appear to "catch" a loop to an accessory!

To the other poster who said it's the microphone, the user guide shows that the microphone is on the front just to the left of the "option" key.

Thanks to both of you for chiming in...

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    If you are talking about what I think your talking about you will notice that when you open the back cover there is a hook type thing in front of the hole. This hook is supposed to be used for (As far as i know) wrist straps so you can avoid dropping your phone. You can also put in cell phone charms and what not, basically to accessorize your Pixi.

Example for a wrist strap:
    Amazon.com: Olympus 202316 Water-Ready Adjustable Strap: Camera & Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    That makes sense, as I see a hook-type structure on the inside of the phone that would appear to "catch" a loop to an accessory!

To the other poster who said it's the microphone, the user guide shows that the microphone is on the front just to the left of the "option" key.

Thanks to both of you for chiming in...

Happy Holidays!!!!!
    So which one is it? Hook or microphone? I would love to have a wriststrap if that is true!

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Output hole for the built-in subwoofer.
  7.    #7  
    I'm fairly certain now it is a hook to strap an accessory - such as a wriststrap. BTW, my wife loves this phone - coming from a Centro

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    So which one is it? Hook or microphone? I would love to have a wriststrap if that is true!
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I'm fairly certain now it is a hook to strap an accessory - such as a wriststrap. BTW, my wife loves this phone - coming from a Centro
    Ohhhh WOW... I see the hook now! I took off the back cover and there it is on the back side. The back hole/hook for use with a strap/charm has nothing to do with the tiny hole next to the option key. This is awesomeeeeee.

{previously I thought the strap was to go through the back hole and out the front}

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

9.    #9  
    Great... I now vaguely recall when the Pixi first came out hearing something about this hook for a strap... but there is nothing in the Pixi user guide about it. Maybe they wanted to downplay it for the male Pixi users who are less secure with their identity

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Ohhhh WOW... I see the hook now! I took off the back cover and there it is on the back side. The back hole/hook for use with a strap/charm has nothing to do with the tiny hole next to the option key. This is awesomeeeeee.

{previously I thought the strap was to go through the back hole and out the front}