Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hey guys, lately, I've been having this problem with my ringer switch; I can't set it out of vibrate/mute mode.
    Thankfully, it still rings for alarms, but when I want sound, as in I'm out of class/work and I don't wanna miss calls, I don't get any..
    The possibillities of WebOS are endless. I am in hope that someone could assist me by making a patch/app that would fix my phones sound dilemma..

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to request here, there's probably a forum for that, so it would be appropriate to have this post recognized as a discussion thread.

Is it possible?
    Discuss.

(Thanks)

Edit: I just had an idea, how about a patch that edits the functionality of the ringer switch, i.e. the ringer switch settings of the sound app says "Vibrate" and "Mute" as two options, could a patch be applied so that there's a third option, "Do nothing"?
    :]
    Last edited by zadias; 12/21/2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Have you tried taking the back cover off the phone and pushing the ringer switch up. It allows you like 1mm more push to get it to go up. You could also disassemble the phone with a torx driver (or bring it in for warranty replacement) and manually move it.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    My son has a pixi and has had this problem. His phone has been repeatedly replaced under warranty for this issue. And now he's no longer under warranty. I too would like to see a software solution to this that essentially overrides the ringer switch.

I posted a to youtube about this problem and someone in the comments indicated that tightening up the T5 screws fixed it for him. That has not fixed it for my son's phone.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    My son has a pixi and has had this problem. His phone has been repeatedly replaced under warranty for this issue. And now he's no longer under warranty. I too would like to see a software solution to this that essentially overrides the ringer switch.

I posted a to youtube about this problem and someone in the comments indicated that tightening up the T5 screws fixed it for him. That has not fixed it for my son's phone.
    same here, except it wasnt stuck, it would randomly vibrate if pushed on.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Eh, don't mean to bump a super old topic of mine, but since I've searched every corner of the interwebs, I've made my decision to disassemble my pixi and see the problem for myself. Just going to read real carefully and be real cautious, hopefully my 16 year old being doesn't get the worst of me..
    If you want to take it apart, theres just 2 clips on each side and 4 screws. simpleeeeee. just make sure you use the right micro torx bit.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thankfully, I had the micro torx t5 screw driver, to my surprise I only found two screws in my phone on the back! I guess I'll buy replacements for those two screws or so.
    Putting the optic cable (if that's what it's called), was really annoying at the end, I made sure to be gentle.

All in all it was a successful mission.
    All I did was remove the ringer switch and put it back in place. After I removed it I questioned how it would go back in for a minute, but then I figured out it just slides back in.

I'm guessing it was out of place, maybe when I dropped it the shift occurred.
    Anyways, thanks!
    and to the guy with the problem on his sons phone, if your warranty goes out, just check back to this post and/or send me a message and I'll gladly help you.
    I feel as though I should have made a video
    There's two screws on top, each corner, and two on bottom, each corner. The bottom ones have stickers over them though, in the holes. Then two clips on each side of the phone.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yes, I am aware of all of these, but as I looked for the bottom two, they were not present..
    Strange, maybe just a manufacturing problem, eh.
    I had the same problem. I just used a small sharp knife, removed the back cover and trimmed a small amount of the plastic around the switch opening cutting from the inside of the cover. Make sure to only cut a little then replace it and see if it works, if not trim a little more. I have done this for 2 phones already and it worked great. It seems as though the cover opening for the switch is just a little too small for the switch to go up all the way. Cutting on the inside of the cover also helps hide any small imperfections in your cuts. It has worked great for me on the ones I have fixed and isn't even noticeable. Hope this helps.
    had 2 pixi's replaced under warranty for this same issue. Guess when all of the warranties are up I'll be Macgyvering.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roger1158 View Post
    I had the same problem. I just used a small sharp knife, removed the back cover and trimmed a small amount of the plastic around the switch opening cutting from the inside of the cover. Make sure to only cut a little then replace it and see if it works, if not trim a little more. I have done this for 2 phones already and it worked great. It seems as though the cover opening for the switch is just a little too small for the switch to go up all the way. Cutting on the inside of the cover also helps hide any small imperfections in your cuts. It has worked great for me on the ones I have fixed and isn't even noticeable. Hope this helps.
    My sister has discovered her ringer switch is easily going to vibrate. Hopefully I can trim her cover and see if that helps.
    I've been having that same issue, the the ringer shutting on and off if I picked up or put down the phone, drives me nuts. Tech support gave me a new cover and its been worse. I took the back off and carefully replaced it making sure the ringer button was positioned correctly, it took a few tries. So far its good. If it happens again I'll have my son do the other stuff mentioned here. Thanks for the tips!