Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    How well would a used Pixi or Pixi plus work as a PDA? I am thinking of dipping my toes into the WebOS water but I don't want to shell out $30/month for Verizon. I have thought about an ipod touch or the upcoming Samsung ipod touch alternative (running Android). I have wifi at home and work but how well would a Pixi work without continuous data?
    it would work well. Get a pixi plus so you have wifi. Once you start, you will be hooked.
    I'm in a month with my palm pixi plus and I'm astonished with what web os can do
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    it does work well indeed
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Get a pixi, cant go a day without it
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Would I be better off with a Pre + for ~$50 more?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I'd say no because the Pres are more prone to mechanical issues (and of course it wouldn't be insured since it wouldn't be attached to a service line). There are distinct advantages however, those being a larger app catalog, flash capabilities in webos release 2.x.x (I don't know if Pixi will get it ever), a larger amount of RAM so you can run more apps at once, and a brighter and bigger screen, oh and a nicer camera.

The negatives are (other than problems with the slider, the plastic usb cover, the screen tending to crack) that it is bigger and heavier, the keyboard is not nearly as good (there is no comparison), the microphone is on the face of the phone so gets squashed.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me View Post
    Would I be better off with a Pre + for ~$50 more?
    I would agree, Pixi is a nice phone but for a little more $$ you get the Pre with a larger screen and less lag.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about