Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I am sending a Pixi to my s.o. in Peru. it may get stolen. it would be nice if it didn't.

People uglify their bikes Make - Volume 11

How can I uglify the Pre and make it believable. Looking like a dumbphone, an old phone, anything.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    hide it in a brown zine:
    http://hideapod.com/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Hahahaha

HILARIOUS...
    Not so hilarious? That the zune is probably just as likely to get nicked
    they couldn't give away those old brown zunes. and I'm sure you can think of something equally undesirable to put your phone in.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Haha. this is hilarious.

On topic. I don't have a clue. I wouldn't try painting it though..
    stolen at customs? Can't you just hide it in an everyday thing.. Like a shirt or box of condoms?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    actually i meant stolen in person
    Put a Nokia sticker on the back, over the palm logo. Touchstone will still work.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Haha..

I was thinking.. you could grab like 3 screen protectors, put them on and scuff the hell out of them with some sandpaper.
    pack the back and the battery in a diff place. Thay won't steal a non working device.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    stolen at customs? Can't you just hide it in an everyday thing.. Like a shirt or box of condoms?
    Should I worry about it being stolen in customs???
    BTW I was going to mail USPS but is a service like FedEx a better idea Re:customs?
    I'd keep it in my pocket on the plane and through customs. Most people carry phones.
    Uglifying is a good idea for bikes, where you have to leave them locked up in public for hours at a time and it takes a lot of effort to cut through chains/locks. But if someone's able and willing to steal your phone, they'll just take it; it doesn't matter how "ugly" it looks.

Just send it with insurance and require signature on delivery! :-)
    Yep, I've always carried my phone on the plane and through customs. Just remember, going through customs, you aren't allowed to use it, until you are cleared.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I had a ti 82 calculator stolen in HS. I uglified the next one by painting it green then scratching off alot of the paint. I also used a hot knife to inscribe my name on it.

you could always try messing up the back cover, you know it's replaceable but a thief will not.