1. rr
    how can I send an SMS message to many contacts at the same time. I downloaded a patch that was supposed to allow me to do that. HOWEVER, as soon as i have inserted about 7 or 8 peoples names, the screen is full and even though the system allows you you to add more names, you can't see the names anymore as the screen is full and it does not allow you to move or scroll.

Can someone please advise if there is a way to get around this.

Many thanks,

RR
    There is an app in the app catalog called TXT Group that will prolly suit your needs. Designed for group texting.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3. rr
    thanks for your reply.

However, i am outside the palm catalog zone so I need a homebrew app.

Please advise.

Thanks

RR
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    does the carrier limit the number of people you can text at once? I would think so as a method to control spamming.
    DOH! Unfortunately there is no hombrew app version of this Making one now for homebrew would be a slap in the face for the paid one since the homebrew has to be free and open.

Can't wait for HPalm to open up these stinkin geo-restrictions to the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    does the carrier limit the number of people you can text at once? I would think so as a method to control spamming.
    They do and it varries by the carrier. Usually x amount in a given time.

Download "Unlimited recipients" in preware.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  9. rr
    my carrier allows me to send multiple messages. I am not looking to send to 100's of people, 40 - 50 at one time but several times a week.

big pain.

need some patch of fix.
  10. rr
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Download "Unlimited recipients" in preware.
    Please advise how to download this. I looked in Preware and could not find this. Please give me some clear instructions where to find / how to install.

Many thanks,

RR
  11. rr
    Quote Originally Posted by rr View Post
    Please advise how to download this. I looked in Preware and could not find this. Please give me some clear instructions where to find / how to install.

Many thanks,

RR
    ok, i have the "unlimited recipients" installed. while it may allow me to send an SMS to multiple people at the same time, that is not the problem, the problem is - THE SCREEN GETS FILLED BY THE TIME YOU HAVE INSERTED 7 OR 8 NAMES AND THEN EVEN THOUGH IT WILL ALOW YOU IN ADD NAMES, YOU CANT SEE WHICH NUMBER TO CHOOSE AS IT IS HIDDEN BELOW THE BAR WHERE YOU TYPE THE MESSAGE. so if you select a contact that has several different numbers, you cant see which number to choose. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
  12. rr
    anyone with some ideas how to resolve this issue.

please try and just start filling names of people you want to send sms's to and after the 8th names the screen will be full and you can't see new names you want to choose to send to.

help needed.

thanks
  13. rr
    anyone with any ideas???
  14. ZFF
    Txt group and Unlimited Recipients are both good suggestions. Too bad we have to add an app just to get back functionality I used to have on my Verizon LG Env. Oh, wait. This IS Verizon we're talking about. Sigh.