1.    #1  
    Ok i got my pixi today and finally have it set up. I have preware installed and have my email contacts loaded. I really love this phone. The keyboard is nice. I have to get adjusted but im really liking it. My favorite thing is the build quality of it. My blackberry bold 9650 felt really cheap. Especially the battery plate. This palm feels really solid. I like having the battery back actually go around the phone. I think i am going to be a part of this community for a long time. One question i have is what is the benfit of preware? I thought it gave you free apps or something just like jailbreaking an ipod. But when i tried to download angry birds, it took me to the palm catalog to buy. Am i missing something?
    TENNESSEE TITANS|PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
    you are already a leet user.very impressive. Just look through prewae to see what every item does andplay with anything that looks interesting.
    angry birds for webOS isn't free.

also, take a look at uberkernel and govnah to optimize speed.
  4.    #4  
    I have an otterbox case on my phone and one thing that bugs me is that it is tough to tap the drop down menu in the top left corner. What does everyone else do?
    Hi titansjonne, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

Preware is an app that gives you an all-in-one access point to Homebrew apps, patches, themes, and kernals. Yes, there are many Homebrew apps that are free, but Preware also gives you access to the Palm App Catalog where you can buy games like Angry Birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansjonne View Post
    I have an otterbox case on my phone and one thing that bugs me is that it is tough to tap the drop down menu in the top left corner. What does everyone else do?
    I don't use an Otterbox, but use PhantomSkinz instead. But the Otterbox does give you more protection, so there is a trade-off of sorts.
  7.    #7  
    Nice. Thanks for all you guys help. Im officially Palm freak(Pixi Freak just doesn't sound as good lol)
    We're glad to have you here!

Even Titans fans have some taste! LOL jk!
  9.    #9  
    LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by titansjonne View Post
    You don't need to precisely tap the tab to select the application menu, you can just swipe down from the corner.
    As reigning LOOT Queen, it is my duty to say welcome to PreCentral and to inform you that the title to this post just reads wrong......VERY WRONG! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    As reigning LOOT Queen, it is my duty to say welcome to PreCentral and to inform you that the title to this post just reads wrong......VERY WRONG! LOL!
    You naughty girl you...
    I had a pre and sold it when palm was selling. I was happy till that and was scared I was on a dead platform. I have been on android for a while and I HATE it. Got a pixi coming and plan to do uberkernel, but I wanted the candy bar/blackberry form and know it is slower than the pre but LOVED webos. Can't wait for synergy to get my **** back in order, android sucks at that.
    There is an angry birds LITE that is free...
    Welcome to the community! Feel free to ask away if you have any questions and enjoy the, well, unique characters we have here!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    You naughty girl you...
    My mind likes the gutter, it's quite cozy and the stars are beautiful from here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Welcome to the community! Feel free to ask away if you have any questions and enjoy the, well, unique characters we have here!
    What?!? Now, who exactly would you be referring to?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17.    #17  
    Lol thanks everyone. I have my phone pretty much set up. I am having issues with ringtones. My phone will ring fine but if i get a sms it won't play my custom ringtones but if i set a default ringtone, it's gets cut off. Is there a way to use my music from itunes as a sms ringtone?? Also how do you set a ringtone for emails? Another thing is the phone vibrates randomly. I know it's not notifying me of anything. These are my only problems. Everything is is great.
    Welcome! I have a question, why did you pick a Pixi over a Pre? Also, which carrier are you on?
    Would you suggest using my upgrade on a Pixi? It's free and that's the most drawing thing .. I really don't want to pay for a new phone. /: