Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi all, i see theirs alreadey a thread similar to this, but its a bit old & im new to forums and am a bit confused. Any way's im not much of a techie (well, im 15, so for a 15 year old i guess im an übernerd)
    but, i think i found a "perfect" setting for Govnah:

First Install überkernal (who doesn't already use überkernal :P )

Then, Open Govnah and under "advanced settings" set

CPU Frequency - PERFORMANCE

I/O Scheduler - ANTICIPATORY

TCP Congestion - WESTWOOD

that's all!
    after setting this on my (at&t) pixi plus, it was like my pixi grew a new hear and some working lungs.

(doesn't eat battery to bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttabb View Post
    hi all, i see theirs alreadey a thread similar to this, but its a bit old & im new to forums and am a bit confused. Any way's im not much of a techie (well, im 15, so for a 15 year old i guess im an übernerd)
    but, i think i found a "perfect" setting for Govnah:

First Install überkernal (who doesn't already use überkernal :P )

Then, Open Govnah and under "advanced settings" set

CPU Frequency - PERFORMANCE

I/O Scheduler - ANTICIPATORY

TCP Congestion - WESTWOOD

that's all!
    after setting this on my (at&t) pixi plus, it was like my pixi grew a new hear and some working lungs.

(doesn't eat battery to bad)
    Thanks for posting this. I'll try this. Hope it will give the speed I need and keep my battery at least for 24 hours.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Govnah: ondemand
    Min Freq:122.88 MHz
    Max Freq: 600 MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.1 freq
    Up Threshold: 60%
    Ignore Nice Load: false
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compcache Enabled: true
    Compcache Memlimit: 24 mb

advance setting to
    I/O Scheduler - deadline
    TCP Congestion - westwood
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post

advance setting to
    I/O Scheduler - deadline
    My pixi is coming this week, with these settings do you see lag much? How is battery? I never leave cards open, I just want email and texts to come and then I would open my apps as need be. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    My pixi is coming this week, with these settings do you see lag much? How is battery? I never leave cards open, I just want email and texts to come and then I would open my apps as need be. Thanks!
    I don't have lag and my battery last all day with these settings
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

advance setting to
    I/O Scheduler - deadline

I've seen these setting thrown around a lot for the Pixi, but haven't really come across a "why" these are optimum settings.

For instance, why are people enabling and bumping up Compcache? What exactly are people running on their phone that causes it to run out of RAM and require this setting (Especially since uberkernel is suppose to have eliminated the Too Many Cards error) ? After all, compressed cache is slower than regular cache and if I don't need it, why needlessly slow down my phone?

advance setting to
    I/O Scheduler - deadline
    Lol, those sound just like my settings.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    I have been running without compcache. I definitely have experienced that compcache just slows down switching between apps as the phone uncompresses and compresses various memory. I still have yet to get any TMC errors without compcache, so I see no benefit from having it at all.

Also, I think my phone is a bit quicker to respond when at a min frequency of 480mhz. Setting the min to 128mhz makes it very very sluggish for those first few seconds after turning on the screen while it speeds up to the max.
    I basically am now using errbin's setting without compcache since onemadrssn says it makes the phone sluggish. Im still new to this so i hope i did it right. I went to advanced setting and did what you guys said. But i then saved it as a profile called ondemand. And am using the profile now. I hope it works.
    TENNESSEE TITANS|PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I had heard when compache was first enabled that the pixi does it better than the pre. For some reason the design of the processor handles it better even though it's slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    I have been running without compcache. I definitely have experienced that compcache just slows down switching between apps as the phone uncompresses and compresses various memory. I still have yet to get any TMC errors without compcache, so I see no benefit from having it at all.

Also, I think my phone is a bit quicker to respond when at a min frequency of 480mhz. Setting the min to 128mhz makes it very very sluggish for those first few seconds after turning on the screen while it speeds up to the max.

What hardware? Pre or Pre+? My buddy has a Pre and he uses compcache - I have a Pre+ and I don't even bother overclocking - the reality is that the added RAM makes a world of difference on speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post

You use the settings above with the compcache ON and the 128 and still sluggish? Have to test this when I get my pixi. Still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brien View Post
    I've seen these setting thrown around a lot for the Pixi, but haven't really come across a "why" these are optimum settings.

For instance, why are people enabling and bumping up Compcache? What exactly are people running on their phone that causes it to run out of RAM and require this setting (Especially since uberkernel is suppose to have eliminated the Too Many Cards error) ? After all, compressed cache is slower than regular cache and if I don't need it, why needlessly slow down my phone?
    I found them one day after asking a ton of times on here what different settings meant. People i asked on here kept being snobby and not helping so i set off to figure it all out. This was when it first came out. So, i found out what it all meant, and being big into electronics i sat in my room one night playing with settings. This is the best i found for the pixi. So, i setup a thread (search, it should come up) and i guess word got around and it became popular. I have since played with compcache from 24, 32 and 48, and find 24 to be best. I haven't really played with any other profiles since this.
    I went ahead and went the full ondemand profile. But i really don't notice any different. Given this is only my second day with the phone but what does it actually do?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansjonne View Post
    I went ahead and went the full ondemand profile. But i really don't notice any different. Given this is only my second day with the phone but what does it actually do?
    I think ondemand actually monitors cpu usage and will adjust the speed accordingly.
    Hmm then what is the best setting to make the pixi faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by titansjonne View Post
    Hmm then what is the best setting to make the pixi faster?
    performance. But it eats battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    performance. But it eats battery.
    That's debatable; I've found that performance gives me better battery life, due to the Race to Idle (Simple explaination here: LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux)

Granted, I am on a Pre Plus, and YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    That's debatable; I've found that performance gives me better battery life, due to the Race to Idle (Simple explaination here: LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux)

Granted, I am on a Pre Plus, and YMMV.
    My pixi seems to die quick on the performance setting. I wonder why the pre and pixi act differently.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brien View Post

I get the (Too Many Cards error) with compcache off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast