Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi I have just received my new palm pixi plus from o2 uk, and I am actually new to this system, can somebody help me in understanding how to do this stuff with this palm ?

And another question i look on one of the wiki pages, and everything is for palm pre, is it going to work with a pixi plus ?

thank you, krzysztof
    Homebrew works on both the Pre and the Pixi.

Here are some threads with instructions that should help:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

There are only a few certain things that won't work on the Pixi, such as some of the kernels and etc.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    ok i went to the app catalogue and i found application called ILoveHomebrew, but can you tell me what is an WebOSdoctor ?

thank you
    WebOS Doctor, when ran, reverts your device back to factory setting. It earases everything on your phone in the process so dont run it unless you have no other choice.

And to answer one of your other questions..."everything is for palm pre, is it going to work with a pixi plus?" Most of it will. You will find some apps though that are only for the Pre (due to some hardware limitations the pixi has). And some apps that are only for the pixi. Most will run on both though.
  5.    #5  
    ok now i get it i have just installed the music remix, but what about if i want to delete something, how it works ?
    to delete an app, just hold the option button (the button with the square on it) and tap the app. Some options should pop up on the screen. One of them being a delete option. Did you install preware on your phone? If not, download that and install with quick install. It will allow you to download Homebrew apps without connecting to your computer just like the app catalog does.
  7.    #7  
    i just did it, it is actually better than iphone thanks everyone for help, if i have any question i will use this topic
  8.    #8  
    hello again, I have installed few applications and patches, but once I finished it and palm was restarted I can't install or update anything, i alaways get a message that i have to restart the device? I have tried that in the preware, and app catalog

Is there any possibility to fix it? thank you for your answer
    Go into preware, go to the menu at the top and select luna manager, then select restart luna. Your device has to be restarted whenever a new patch (not an app) is installed for it to take effect. If this doesnt fix the problem you are having, try holding down the power button and doing a full device restart. Restarts usually fix little problems like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Go into preware, go to the menu at the top and select luna manager, then select restart luna. Your device has to be restarted whenever a new patch (not an app) is installed for it to take effect. If this doesnt fix the problem you are having, try holding down the power button and doing a full device restart. Restarts usually fix little problems like that.
    Thanks for jumping in, I had to run for a docs appointment, today.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11.    #11  
    ok, i did all of the instructions, but it still doesnt work. Also i have another question is there any possibility to stop phone connecting to the 3G network ?
    Ok, I may know what is going on. I think. lol. What did you install and what else are you trying to install? Some patches will disagree with others and wont install because they make changes to the same thing. Its best not to go in there and install patch after patch after patch without doing a luna restart in between if you dont know what will conflict with each other. The message that pops up every time after installing a patch is required because you NEED to do it. If you KNOW that you are installing patches that dont conflict with eachother you can select "Later" But I would get familiar with patching first.
  13.    #13  
    I know what patches are i had the same stuff on my sony ericsson. I will try to uninstall all of the patches that i have installed
    I wasn't saying you didn't. lol. Sorry. Im not familiar with patches on a sony ericsson. But the Pre is kinda picky with patches. If you have one little patch that makes a tweek to something and another patch kinda does the same thing. Preware will tell you "No way jose."
  15.    #15  
    its allright, I did everything, as well i removed all of the patches and this problem is still happening, so i dont know now
    Thats weird. The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling Preware and reinstall it.
  17.    #17  
    i did it still the same, now i cant even enter the app catalog ;/
    That shouldn't be right. Hopefully someone can get on here and help you. Im sure everyone will tell you though that when you have problems that you cant fix, to doctor your phone with the WebOS Doctor.
  19.    #19  
    so the last chance is to use a web os doctor ? can i use this tutorial from a palm official website or can i use a web os quick install ?
    To Doctor? It has nothing to do with Quick Install so just follow the tutorial on Palms site. Once you Doctor, all your contacts and apps that you purchased or downloaded can be synced with your device again so you wont lose them. If you have pictures or music on there though, I would copy them to your desktop before doctoring. Pretty much just copy everything on your USB drive to your desktop and then you can put it back on afterwards.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast