1.    #1  
    Had a pre and went to android. Now got a pixi coming and when I did have the pre I remembered when you used a custom ringtone it was for all the sounds. On webos 1.4.5 can you set tones to emails, texts and then calls separately?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    On webos 1.4.5 can you set tones to emails, texts and then calls separately?

I have different tones/sounds for email, text/SMS and calls.... so it would seem so.
  3.    #3  
    Where do you do that? Back in webos 1.3 couldn't do that.
    Where do you do that? Back in webos 1.3 couldn't do that.
    Took me a while to notice where to do it too.. and I found it more by accident..

Using the SMS as an example:

After opening a message/conversation thread (by hitting the speech bubble icon).. you get the screen with the conversation thread.

At the extreme top-left is the 'Messaging' title... tap that and you get a drop down menu, select 'Preferences' - in which a sub-menu allows you to set the tone/alert for Messages.
  5.    #5  
    Cool. Do that for email and such.
    Cool. Do that for email and such.
    Yeah, same principle for the email... except you have an extra menu layer to go through. But is simple & obvious enough once you are into those preference menu's.
  7.    #7  
    Glad palm/hp listened and added that. Any Bluetooth voice dialing?
    Last edited by sandmanfvr; 12/05/2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Glad palm/hp listened and added that. Any Bluetooth voice dialing?
    Not something I have messed with, am not a great Bluetooth advocate - but no doubt someone else will know.
    Bluetooth voice dialing not supported yet.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  10.    #10  
    Well in time it will come.