1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I'm needing advice on replacing a Hard Drive on a Palm Pixi. Recently, my Palm Pixi had a power failure. There's no power to the phone what-so-ever. It get hot when it gets charged.

I'm assuming the power supply on the phone went dead and hoping to swap out the Hard Drive into another Palm Pixi.

base on this video by gitit20 i found on youtube: he was able to swap out the board from verizon phone.

I'm thinking the hard drive CAN be replaced. I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully swapped out the hard drive.

The reason I'm looking to swap the hard drive out is b/c i have important data on the phone that i need to get. I wouldn't care if the phone no longer works after i get all of my data off from the hard drive.

Any suggestions/advice would be helpful

Thanks in advance
    there isn't a hard drive in the phone. Not sure what you are asking
    I think he means the USB storage.

Will your phone turn on at all?

You could maybe save it by swapping parts between another phone but that's not easy. The memory is on the board the power input is.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Yes, the swap you're talking about them doing involves the boards. For instance you can take a working on from a Sprint regular Pre and install it in a Pre Plus.

Not a hard drive, at all, though.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I think he means the USB storage.

Will your phone turn on at all?

You could maybe save it by swapping parts between another phone but that's not easy. The memory is on the board the power input is.
    Unfortunately No... the phone does not turn on at all. If it did, I wouldn't be asking if I can swap out parts.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, the swap you're talking about them doing involves the boards. For instance you can take a working on from a Sprint regular Pre and install it in a Pre Plus.

Not a hard drive, at all, though.
    My question now is, ... is the power source on the board or not? For sure it's not the battery b/c the battery works on my temporary Palm Pixi i have. You guys might think "Why not just transfer over via the cloud?" Well... its not the info in the cloud im worried about.... it's the data INSIDE the 8GB memory im seeking to get.

If its NOT a hard drive... then according to gitit20, its a Flash Drive?? It looks like it can just pop right off.
    Nope it is soldered down. And I believe the mem and power are on the same board.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Nope it is soldered down. And I believe the mem and power are on the same board.
    I assume you've never really taken it apart then?

If so, How do you explain this then? Look at :27 seconds and 6:15 into the video.

Please Youtube in reference to this video: Adding WiFi To My Sprint Palm PiXi by gitit20.

(Sorry for not being able to give you a link)
    To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 6 posts.
    Have you tried plugging it into your computer via usb? Maybe the screen got screwed? If its recognized on your computer you could always just copy all the info off of ur usb drive (if it does work, make sure to enable hidden file folders in windows to get off ALL data).
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm needing advice on replacing a Hard Drive on a Palm Pixi. Recently, my Palm Pixi had a power failure. There's no power to the phone what-so-ever. It get hot when it gets charged.

I'm assuming the power supply on the phone went dead and hoping to swap out the Hard Drive into another Palm Pixi.

base on this video by gitit20 i found on youtube: he was able to swap out the board from verizon phone.

I'm thinking the hard drive CAN be replaced. I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully swapped out the hard drive.

The reason I'm looking to swap the hard drive out is b/c i have important data on the phone that i need to get. I wouldn't care if the phone no longer works after i get all of my data off from the hard drive.

Any suggestions/advice would be helpful

Thanks in advance
    im sorry if im coming off rude.. but

i dont understand the issue... the video you referenced says that the flash mem is on the same board as the wifi.. ...

and if you switch it (no matter how its done) it will wipe all data from phone...... so why not look into something simpler as getting the phone to power on??
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    im sorry if im coming off rude.. but

i dont understand the issue... the video you referenced says that the flash mem is on the same board as the wifi.. ...

and if you switch it (no matter how its done) it will wipe all data from phone...... so why not look into something simpler as getting the phone to power on??
    Any suggestion on trying to power the darn thing back on w/o losing data?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Have you tried plugging it into your computer via usb? Maybe the screen got screwed? If its recognized on your computer you could always just copy all the info off of ur usb drive (if it does work, make sure to enable hidden file folders in windows to get off ALL data).
    Yes i have.... it's the same thing.... it doesn't get any power to it at all. Maybe the board got fried? But how?
    Well, did you wake up with it like that? Or did you drop it in water? Or, explain exactly how and when it happened.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware