Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by titansjonne View Post
    Let me give you guys a breakdown of how i use my phone throughout the day and you tell me if you think the pixi will be too slow to handle it:

Wake up. Check twitter and facebook. Maybe use the webrowser to skim some morning links.

Go to work. Text and use twitter and facebook some more for most of the day. Maybe play a few games during break like angry birds or something.( i have an ipod touch so i don't need next get gaming lol)

Go to school. Text tweet and use the web browser during class. LOL

Head back home. More texting and twitter with facebook and more web browsing every now and then. now i have my computer so im really just texting and using twitter along with a few phone calls.

End day. Thought?
    The Pixi should be just fine for that. Since you have an iPod touch, gaming isnt a big thing for you so you dont need the Pre. And actually, the Pres battery is known to not last very long. I havent read much on the Pixis. Maybe someone else can answer that.
  2.    #22  
    Nice. I think im leaning towards the pixi. The form factor was what caught my attention but i had to make sure the os was good enough. I don't demand too much from my phone. I think the Pixi should suffice. And worst case scenario. I don't like it, it's still a step up from my BB and can hold me over until next year when the new phones start to roll out.
    Nice. I think im leaning towards the pixi. The form factor was what caught my attention but i had to make sure the os was good enough. I don't demand too much from my phone. I think the Pixi should suffice. And worst case scenario. I don't like it, it's still a step up from my BB and can hold me over until next year when the new phones start to roll out.
    Sounds like you will enjoy it. Let us know your thoughts when you get it.
    Let me give you guys a breakdown of how i use my phone throughout the day and you tell me if you think the pixi will be too slow to handle it:

Wake up. Check twitter and facebook. Maybe use the webrowser to skim some morning links.

Go to work. Text and use twitter and facebook some more for most of the day. Maybe play a few games during break like angry birds or something.( i have an ipod touch so i don't need next get gaming lol)

Go to school. Text tweet and use the web browser during class. LOL

Head back home. More texting and twitter with facebook and more web browsing every now and then. now i have my computer so im really just texting and using twitter along with a few phone calls.

End day. Thought?
    the pixi+ will be perfect for you.
  5.    #25  
    Well then it's decided. I can't wait. Thanks everyone for your help. I think im gonna enjoy this community. I'll post a small update to let you guys know what i think.
    I just bought the Pixi coming from a blackberry and used it for exactly the same way for about 6 weeks. My thought: should have bought a Pre.

The pixi plus is not as fast as the Pre. Period. But for what you use it for, facebook, twitter, occasional browsing, Evernote and basic document viewing... it is a pretty capable little smartphone. The keyboard might be small but it is, after all the reviews I've read much better than on the Pre for a couple of reasons I won't go into detail about. It's pretty much perfect if you don't have huge hands and medium cut nails (lol.... it might sound strange but you kind of use them to click the keys faster). I have pretty huge thumbs and I still think it's as fast if not faster than my blackberry. It's also a lot better looking and the screen is enough to handle basic stuff but will tire you after a while. What I recommend is getting the Mobile Hotspot app to work on you Pixi Plus and share internet with your iPod. That's what I did. I'm actually planning on buying an iPad and will use that intensively like I do with my iPod touch.

All in all a very capable little smartphone and just enough to cover basic computing needs if you're on a very! tight budget or transitioning towards a more powerful smartphone (like the next gen WebOS device, the HTC HD7, iPhone 4 etc.). It is nowhere near on par with them though, so you should be aware of that.
  9.    #29  
    Crap! i wish i would have logged in earlier! I already purchased one from ebay.
    buy another. you can always sell one, but you know your wife will want it when she sees yours.
    Hmm - there's one more difference that is of note and may affect your experience. The pre has wifi. The pixi doesn't afik

I moved from a BB tour for my work phone after having the Pre+ for my personal phone. the only thing I miss is the otterbox case.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    the Pixi+ has wifi. from the vzw site:

Features
    Palm webOS™ platform
    Touch screen with full QWERTY keyboard
    Wi–Fi Ready (802.11 b/g)
    3G Mobile Hot Spot

HTML Web Browser
    Palm Synergy™ –See contacts, calendars, or conversations from multiple sources in one view
    Memory: 8GB Flash/256 RAM
    Bluetooth® Wireless Technology –V 2.1
    MP3 Player with Palm® Pocket Tunes™
    Gesture area –enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation
    Universal search –Automatically start searching the phone or the web just by typing on the keyboard
    Email –Exchange ActiveSync support for corporate email, as well as personal email support (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP)
    Instant Messaging for Google Talk and AOL
    VZ Navigatorsm Capable
    Standalone GPS
    View Microsoft Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and PDF documents
    Palm Over the Air Updates
    since your purchase will be "basically a stop gap phone," find the cheapest webos phone you can on ebay, irregardless if its a pixi or pre (they will each let you text and get a feel for the os). you'll appreciate the money you've saved when your old and feeble with no substantial source of income.
  14.    #34  
    Lol no way i get my GF a pixi. She can't even check the time on her blackberry without asking me a question lol. And i picked up a pixi plus with a orange touchstone case and touchstone charger for $209. Im hoping hoping he lets me pay extra so i can get next day shipping and get it by tuesday so i won't be without a phone. In the meantime, hows about feeling me in on all the lingo and such that we use around here? Wth is a overclock? and preware or palmware lol. Im such a noob now
    I heard about the pre 2. Im not using my upgrade yet. So wht im doing is using my cash to buy a palm off of ebay. It's basically a trade. Meanwhile i can wait for new phones to release. Right now im anticipating the pre 2, blackberry storm 3 or 4(we can't figure it out yet lol) and the verizon iphone. So this is basically a stop gap phone for me. But hopefully i fall in love with web os. It looks to me like a better more pleasant to look at blackberry os.
    Im the same way just waiting to get something used so i dont have to use my upgrade and going to wait for what comes out in the next few months for that and hopefully webos will break me away from android. Titans all day lol
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    Im the same way just waiting to get something used so i dont have to use my upgrade and going to wait for what comes out in the next few months for that and hopefully webos will break me away from android. Titans all day lol
    I found a brand new Palm Pixi on ebay for $200 and it comes with case and touchstone charger. So once i upgrade next year, i'll have a good phone to sell on ebay. I never stick with 1 phone for an entire year lol. Anh hell yea, Go Titans!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12