1.    #1  
    I thought I'd reach out to my friends at Precentral as I don't know what to do with a pixi that can turn on, but won't respond to my touches (see pic).

I was setting up our brand new/used Christmas tree when the dang tree fell over and smashed the screen of my wife's pixi (see pic). The screen won't respond now so the phone is pretty much useless. Does anyone know where I can get a new Pixi for cheap or be able to repair the phone? Had I known this would have happened, I wouldn't have bought presents for her. I can't afford a brand new $300+ phone.

Anyone with thoughts? Ideas? Pixi's for sale?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jasonmelling; 11/29/2010 at 10:25 PM.
    There are some for sale on here in the off topic sale forum and tons for cheap prices on Ebay.

I just got my son a used Pre from Ebay, with accessories and some extras and only spent $85, including shipping.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Awesome. I've been looking on ebay, but this is good news. Way less than brand new.
    You should also be able to find some great deals on Craigslist. If you go that route and buy from someone locally, be sure to meet the seller at one of your carrier's stores to get it switched over before paying them.
    It looks like a resurrection as a Pixi Plus is in order...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    Well, all is good... I took it to a Sprint store and got it fixed for $35 plus tax. Woo!
  7.    #7  
    Oh! And I'm on sprint until December of 2011... That Pixi plus has always looked nice on Verizon, and now they're getting the Pre 2. The guy at the Sprint store did say that he thought Sprint would be getting a 4g Palm at some point. My opinion is that it's all just rumors.

Rumors, rumors, rumors... Anyways, they'll have some nice phone by next Christmas for sure! (hopefully.)
    I've gone through a pixi and a pixi+ in 5 months. Same dang thing,non-responsive touchscreen.
    I overclocked the 1st one. I thought that's what did it. So the pixi+,i only installed a few patches. Same exact thing.
    Now I have 2 oversized 8g flash drives.

What to do....what to do.
    The thing that erks me the most is having to pay the second line. And if I just by a piece of crap phone from sprint it'll probably last longer.
    Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

uaddit.com / discussions / showthread . php ? t=13110

All The best!