Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I searched and discovered you cannot disable the screen lock. I agree with others who say it is redundant to push the button on top, then swipe to unlock. But I like my Pixi enough to not be too annoyed by it. However, after 2 months of using my phone as an alarm, I have been unable to train myself to swipe when the alarm sounds.

To be more clear: at the terrible hour of 4:45 am my alarm goes off. I wake in a semi-panic, desperate to turn off the alarm before it wakes the baby. Probably due to years of training, I hit the button on the top corner of the phone, turning off the screen, but not the alarm. Since the baby sleeps with us it's not possible to turn the volume down enough for the baby but still be loud enough for me.

Are there any apps that will help me with this? Maybe an alarm that snoozes when you hit that top button? Or any other button? Swiping is apparently just too complex for my sleeping brain that early in the morning
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    app timepiece is a clock that while on the touchstone you can touch the screen to snooze the alarm

edit: just tried again and you'll have to swipe the keylock then touch the screen to snooze
    (but on the touchstone it's easy to do with the angle it sits on it)

Last edited by errbin; 11/29/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    On the Pre you can press any of the two volume buttons on the side to silence the alarm. Maybe that also works on the Pixi?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. The only button that works when it's locked is the top one, I checked.

I think I'm just going to get a new, quieter (non buzzer) alarm clock and stop worrying about this Clock technology has come a long way since last time I bought one! Seems like the Neverlate Executive will be what I need. I hope it's ok to post that, just in case someone else is as useless as I am that early in the day!