1.    #1  
    I have a Pre overclocked, works great.

I would like to overclock my son's Pixi. I've read the thread about experimental overclocking, and some of those post are a few months old.

Can someone give me the steps, if possible to overclock the Pixi, or at least minimize some of its lag?

Thanks
    the steps haven't changed. You need uberkernel and govnah to control it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Experimental overclocking can clock the pixi to nearly 900MHz.
    This will cause mass battery drainage, and possible bricking of the device.
    Just use uberkernal and Govnah and overclock it to Fixed 600, but no more.
    I only advise overclocking when in a large phone session, i.e. listening to music, running angry birds, and IM'ing someone.
    Outside of that it should be fine set at Palm default with uberkernal.

Even if you don't want to overclock the pixi, make sure you replace the palm default kernal with uberkernal, uberkernal optimizes the pixi so you don't have many issues such as the "too many cards open" crap.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    overclocking is still not released yet to the public for the Pixi

just use the uberkernal in preware works great
    im pretty sure overclocking has been available with uberkernel for over a month now. and running my pixi at 800 mhz with the warthog kernel has actually given me better battery life than the stock or uberkernel
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperdanky View Post
    im pretty sure overclocking has been available with uberkernel for over a month now. and running my pixi at 800 mhz with the warthog kernel has actually given me better battery life than the stock or uberkernel
    What kind of kernel you're using?
    WartHog Kernel, check the experimental pixi overclocking thread at the top of the forum
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zadias View Post
    Experimental overclocking can clock the pixi to nearly 900MHz.
    This will cause mass battery drainage, and possible bricking of the device.
    Just use uberkernal and Govnah and overclock it to Fixed 600, but no more.
    I only advise overclocking when in a large phone session, i.e. listening to music, running angry birds, and IM'ing someone.
    Outside of that it should be fine set at Palm default with uberkernal.

Even if you don't want to overclock the pixi, make sure you replace the palm default kernal with uberkernal, uberkernal optimizes the pixi so you don't have many issues such as the "too many cards open" crap.
    Although OKing CAN brick your device, i've been running the highest MHz available over the past few months, and no adverse side effects, battery life about the same. Temperature is around normal. I to am using the Warthog kernel.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    YES! overclocking is available but still keep in mind that it's a experimental kernel

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You are testing experimental kernels.

You *MUST* be prepared to Doctor your phone at any time without warning and with a smile on your face. You must also be prepared to lose the contents of your USB drive at any time without warning and with no regrets.

See Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals which says:

If you are not prepared to Doctor your phone without warning, then please do not use any kernel referenced on this thread or on the @warthogkernel twitter feed or in the Preware testing feeds.

Seriously. This is one item we don't joke about.

-- Rod

^^^ use at YOUR own risk!
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    YES! overclocking is available but still keep in mind that it's a experimental kernel

^^^ use at YOUR own risk!
    Any ETAs on a public release of the overclocking kernal?
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Although OKing CAN brick your device
    We have not yet had a report of an incorrectly overclocked device that cannot be recovered with software means (which means it is not bricked).

-- Rod
    Usually the golden rule with overclocking mobile devices is you will start seeing virtual failures with the setting LONG before you get to a setting that will fry the chip. As long as you are using govnah and uberkernel it will not let you use a setting that will blow it up. Ive had my Sprint Pre overclocked around 1ghz for over a year now and works great and even gotten much higher stable CPU speeds than that even though it wasn't practical.

Ive pushed a pixi to 800 mhz with cheap voltage settings and worst that happened was corrupted software and fixed with the doctor, note that the cpu never went past 45c

Its even a pain to fry desktop CPUs now these days.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 12/02/2010 at 03:46 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....