1.    #1  
    I have a Pixi Plus, intstalled Preware and UberKernel no problem. After all the reading and searching, and I have one simple question. After I install, I leave it, right? I works by itself? No tweaking?
    yep
    No. You need a governor app like Govnah to control the kernel.
  4.    #4  
    sorry, I forgot to put that in, I did that too. I realize that Pre goes to 800, I get that. But I wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything else. I HAVE installed Preware, Quick Install, (love it!), Govnah, and Uberkernel. I have already installed some patches an apps. This all somewhat new to me, so I didn't want to be messing with things if it is not needed! Thanks a ton!!!!!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    set your Govnah to the following

Govnah: ondemand
    Min Freq:122.88 MHz
    Max Freq: 600 MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.1 freq
    Up Threshold: 60%
    Ignore Nice Load: false
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compcache Enabled: true
    Compcache Memlimit: 24 mb

advance setting to
    I/O Scheduler - deadline
    TCP Congestion - westwood

best setting for the Pixi
  6.    #6  
    Perfect! Thank You! I was hoping for a kind of "set it and forget it". As I said, I'm kinda new to this, I'm coming from a Centro, but it was slowly dying. It was between this and a iPhone. SOOOOO glad I got this! This forum is amazing, but overwhelming at the same time. Thanks again
    What kind of an effect do those settings have on loading up an incoming call? Right now, with the default kernal we're seeing a pretty slow load time for the phone app inparticular. Does uberkernal and those settings fix that issue?
    The lowest I go is 250mhz. Any lower I do notice delays with email notifications, inc call prompts, calendar notification to sound delay, etc. Really it depends on how much you got running in the background and how many cards you typically leave open on average.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesfan13 View Post
    Perfect! Thank You! I was hoping for a kind of "set it and forget it". As I said, I'm kinda new to this, I'm coming from a Centro, but it was slowly dying. It was between this and a iPhone. SOOOOO glad I got this! This forum is amazing, but overwhelming at the same time. Thanks again
    Wow, interesting, I just bought a Palm Pixi Plus and I am coming from a Centro too. Been a Palm user ever since they started.

Can you guys give a shortlist on what I need to install aside from those mentioned already here?

One more thing, where do I get these applications, patches, kernels, governor and the likes?

Links would help.

Im on my first week wth my Pixi Plus and haven't installed anything yet

Cheers.
    being in a subway atm. I can't give you links. But please at least try a little search in the forum. There are alot of "howto homebrew" threads even a sticky one. Then if you have read some, feel free to ask any question.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egzbuen View Post
    Wow, interesting, I just bought a Palm Pixi Plus and I am coming from a Centro too. Been a Palm user ever since they started.

Can you guys give a shortlist on what I need to install aside from those mentioned already here?

One more thing, where do I get these applications, patches, kernels, governor and the likes?
    Links would help.

Im on my first week wth my Pixi Plus and haven't installed anything yet

Cheers.
    you need preware to get patches, kernels, governor

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

^^^ link on how to add preware

^^^ video on how to add preware