Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I was having a little problem with my Pixi, it was freezing up on me. I tried a safe battery pull first, but this did not fix the problem. My next step was a repair utility after doing this the phone seemed fine till this a.m. My phone has rebooted 6 times so far today.
    Should I run the repair utility again or should I Doc the phone. I do not want to do damage to it, so I figured the forum would be the best place to get an answer. Before I mess it up.

Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    At this point, you should just Doctor the phone and see if that works.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I really did not want to have to do that is their anything else I could try before reulting to going to the DOC?
    You seem to have tried the other things I would have suggested, so it seems a Doctor is the next step...
    I agree with Garrett... you're looking at a Dr visit at this point if the Repair Utility didn't fix the issue. By the way... what exactly is a 'safe battery pull'?? Any type of battery pull is a 'last resort only' option as it wipes out the phones logs.
    sounds like your battery isn't seated properly. Try pulling it again and re-seat it. Some folks have wedged a small piece of a business card between the back and the battery to get a tighter fit. If that doesn't work run save/restore to backup everything and then Dr. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    By the way... what exactly is a 'safe battery pull'?? Any type of battery pull is a 'last resort only' option as it wipes out the phones logs.
    I would like to know this as well.

A battery pull really is a last resort and should be avoided. Anyone who recommends doing one is giving out bad advice. It could also damage your phone...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I agree with Garrett... you're looking at a Dr visit at this point if the Repair Utility didn't fix the issue. By the way... what exactly is a 'safe battery pull'?? Any type of battery pull is a 'last resort only' option as it wipes out the phones logs.
    I read on here that you take a risk just pulling the battery without turning the phone off first, so that is what I ment about a safe one.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thank you for your advice I will just do the Doc and hope it helps. What may have caused this I have not put on any new patches in a long time, so I don't think it could be one of those.