1.    #1  
    is there another way to put my pixi in recovery mode my volume button is broke and only works with the back on it
    umm remove and replace the battery. Then start the doctor on computer. Then plug usb cable into the computer. Then with the phone turned off and not on. While holding down the volume up button plug the usb cable into phone and continue to hold the volume up button. Now a big usb symbol will pop up on phone or a question mark. If the symbol pops up then finish starrting the doctor if the question mark pops up , let the phone sit there and charge until the usb symbol pops up then fi.ish running the doctor.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the phone may be temporarily messed up and need recovery who knows ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Please tell OP how to enable recovery mode without using the volumn up button.
    Thanks in advance.
    There's no way to enter recovery mode not using the vol. up button, but as said before, if it works with the cover on, do:

* Open cover
    * Pull battery
    * Press power briefly
    * Put battery
    * Put cover
    At this moment your Pixi should be still turned off
    * Press volume up and keep it pressed
    * Insert usb cable
    Your pixi should turn on automatically and enter recovery mode, if it doesn't, press power button (you must keep the vol up button pressed until the big usb icon comes up).

If you get the palm logo, you did something wrong

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Pues ten cuidado.
    Lo ms que puede pasar es que no avance cuando los dems se muevan, estaba en el trfico.

The worst that could happen was that I didn't advance on time, I was stuck in traffic

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    <<deleted off topic and confusing posts>>

Let's keep it on topic and helpful for the OP.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I found with my pre - the "R" option didn't work.(didnt test on my pixi yet)
    In my case the I borked the volume rocker pads -- broke right off.

The solution was to install ubuntu... via WUBI, or in my case via VMware Workstation -- and assign usb port to the guest (ubuntu)... then use the instructions here:

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

as it says there, had to go into synaptic package manager and install the libusb-dev package before following the rest of the steps there.

Thanks so much webos-internals!!!
    The easy way is to Poweroff the device,

press the volume up

plugin the USB cable which is already connected to PC from other end.

Big USB ikon should appear

This works for my Pixi + and no need to take off battery/back cover

All the best
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    I found with my pre - the "R" option didn't work.(didnt test on my pixi yet)
    In my case the I borked the volume rocker pads -- broke right off.

The solution was to install ubuntu... via WUBI, or in my case via VMware Workstation -- and assign usb port to the guest (ubuntu)... then use the instructions here:

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

as it says there, had to go into synaptic package manager and install the libusb-dev package before following the rest of the steps there.

Thanks so much webos-internals!!!
    That is only for TI Omap based Pre phones. Pixi has Qualcomm.
    I did everything I was supposed to do. The giant usb symbol pops up, but the next button never appears. I've tried connecting it to my comp and everything. What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwyatt22 View Post
    I did everything I was supposed to do. The giant usb symbol pops up, but the next button never appears. I've tried connecting it to my comp and everything. What do I do?
    Got Novacom installed? It should automatically if you're using Doctor. Just double check, open up Task Manager (or equivalent if you're not on Windows) and look for "novacomd".