1.    #1  
    Just curious as to if we'll be getting better 3D games and PDK apps I can't help but notice the lack of them in the catalog :/
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Maybe when and if 2.0 hits, but if its with sprint, Im starting to doubt....
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I mean I know the pre is a big deal and all but the pixi is able to handle a lot as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Yeah I mean I know the pre is a big deal and all but the pixi is able to handle a lot as well.
    I doubt that... It's a little different making some apps work properly on the pixi.
    the pixi isn't getting all the pdk apps the pre's got?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    the pixi isn't getting all the pdk apps the pre's got?
    Only if the developer makes a Pixi-compatible version of the app for the Pre...
    Just curious as to if we'll be getting better 3D games and PDK apps I can't help but notice the lack of them in the catalog :/
    theres quite a few decent games already released for the pre but i dont think they are even 3d games ... and theyre not supported on the pixi already ... so i m highly doubting 3d gaming on the pixi ... good games anyways
    It makes me sad that the pixi is neglected in the app catalog. The 3D games they do have are hard to control and navigate. Hopefully this will change soon.
  9.    #9  
    Ugh I just opened the featured apps and selected an app and it said it's not available for my model. Was the pixi planned mainly for messaging and the basics?
    Ugh I just opened the featured apps and selected an app and it said it's not available for my model. Was the pixi planned mainly for messaging and the basics?
    The Pixi was meant to be a good starter phone for those new to smartphones. As far as 3D gaming is concerned, I think that slowly but surely they will get there. But don't expect an onslaught.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    In a word, sortof. It was never designed to be fast or powerful, just functional and adorable.
  12.    #12  
    Well for messaging, it does blow the pre out of the water with it's keyboard I guess we'll just have to wait and see when 2.0 launches
    i'm SO tired of soundboards, massagers, and wallpaper apps....hopefully at some point decent apps will arrive on the pixi
    I don't think you guys should get your hopes up. Especially for games. Devs don't wanna go out of their way to make a whole new version for the pixi, especially since Pre sales are gonna be low. Pixi sales would be way lower and not worth it. And if new devices with new resolutions come out, you can def. bet that nobody will even try making more apps for the pixi.
    I'm still ****** (sorry, upset) with the Pixi's resolution... That alone makes devs have to do some special stuff... Why "fragment the webOS users?
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, the pixi is neglected because of the resolution, which doesn't sound like that big of an issue
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Here's a somewhat technical answer for ya: I'm a developer and am actually in the process of writing a number of games for WebOS. When writing games for WebOS you pretty much have 3 options: JavaScript, which is easy but most limited; SDL, which is easier than OpenGL but doesn't work right on the Pixi; and OpenGL, which is difficult but very cross platform. Most OpenGL based apps will work fine on the Pixi if the developer simply specifies either two different screen sizes or sets it to always go full screen (as Palm mentions in the developer docs). This results in there being black bars on the top and bottom of the screen but it will work.

So anyway, I think what it comes down to for most devs is that they've set their screen size to 480x320 and don't really want to get around to changing a few lines of code to make it more universal. My games, however, will *all* be Pixi compatible (using OpenGL).

- Phil -