Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hey guys

i have made the shift over to web os, after thinking about it since forever, got my self a palm pixi plus running on web os 1.4.5 which is all good but the problem is, when ever i load google maps it just comes up with a white screen, i get this with some other apps as well

if there any fix? or do i have to take the device back to be fixed?

Ed
    Hmm.. Do you have any patches installed?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    if google maps will not open up i would go directly back to the store at which you got it from now !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i did a hard reset, it wiped my phone, but it all works fine now,

i had no patches, just the basic firmware
    Hmm. A patch can still be installed if you do a hard reset.

Patching changes the system files. A hard reset will delete all user data, but it won't restore the original WebOS code. After a hard reset, Preware can't see that you installed a patch before [since you wiped out its log files], so it can't uninstall the patches.

Only a WebOS Doctor can reset the system files at that point, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

As an aside, I had the same problem with Google Maps when I had the "Use iPhone User Agent" hack enabled.
    Do a "Repair Utility" run on it and then do a "Doctor" on it and vwalla. I only say to do both because you can check it in between and see if the first option fixed the issues, if not the second option is always a good one on a new device with issues. Because most likely your new device is a refurbished device that was patched by another user that may have even been Linux savvy and applied patched with his own know how instead of the patch files... Like I know I have and I know someone will end up getting my first palm pre after HPalm fixes the issues it had... & they will have to do as i stated above.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    reinstall can resolve it
    I have the same problem, and right out of the box. I bought an unlocked GSM Pre Plus and whenever I run Google maps or any other GPS program all I get is a white screen.
    What can I do? I installed some patches, but I had this problem before that.