Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have a Pixi Minus and wanted to install Preware on to it. I do my internet stuff through this phone. I have downloaded the needed files to it and transferred to my desktop. Tried installing everything but didn't work. I even took my wife's laptop to a hotspot and downloaded everything, but QI and Preware cannot find WebOS Doctor. I try to uninstall and redownload, but it somehow still opens it and I can't find the folder it is located in. Hope someone can help me through this.
    When you click the link to download WOSQI are you saving it to a folder or running it from the popup dialog box. You need to save it to a folder if you're not.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/04/2010 at 09:00 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    When click the link download WOSQI are you saving it to a folder or running it from the popup dialog box. You need to save it to a folder if you're not.
    I did do that. But, when I try to start either WOSQI or Preware /w self installer, neither will find WOS Dr. This is why I am cornfused. The Dr. will start on the laptop, but cannot find the folder it auto saved to. The name changed or something as WebOS Doctor brings up nothing in search. It's weird.
    Did you put the WebOS Doctor in the same folder as WOSQI?
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaHusky View Post
    Hi all,

I have a Pixi Minus and wanted to install Preware on to it. I do my internet stuff through this phone. I have downloaded the needed files to it and transferred to my desktop. Tried installing everything but didn't work. I even took my wife's laptop to a hotspot and downloaded everything, but QI and Preware cannot find WebOS Doctor. I try to uninstall and redownload, but it somehow still opens it and I can't find the folder it is located in. Hope someone can help me through this.
    Webos Doctor Versions. Download your carrier version here. Save it in the documents folder, then do the same for webosQI. Make sure phone is in developer mode. Type: webos20090606, then turn dev mode on. Another option is to install the "Standalone installer" just make sure webos doctor and the installer are in the same folder. Here is the link... scroll down and see standalone. Application:Preware.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help, everyone! What i'll be doing is downloading these to my phone, copy/paste to my desktop again into their own folder, and go from there.
    Thanks for the help, everyone! What i'll be doing is downloading these to my phone, copy/paste to my desktop again into their own folder, and go from there.
    Doctor is a very large file....may want to just download directly to your pc.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Best way to install Preware:

1- Go to the app catalog and get the Preware Homebrew Documentation app.

2- Follow the instructions for installation.

3- Enjoy Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When all else fails, I'll get the instructions.

Tried again and did it all according to what I've read everywhere else. This just doesn't like me is all. HAHA
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    HA! I got it to work for me this time! I want to thank everyone for your help in fixing this.

What I did was let the QI program get the webOS Dr itself. I dropped the QI in a folder first, then let it fownload it as it dropped the Dr in the same folder automactically. Tested both Preware and QI and they both started up. YAY!
    tested preware on what? your computer and QI, webosquickinstaller is what your talking about? I don`t get what your saying. What I`m getting is you tested preware on your phone and webOSquickinstaller on your computer? Neither one is related in any way besides you used quickinstaller to download preware to your phone, Please explain because I`m actually having trouble with my webosquickinstallers blue down arrow bring up the box with preware in it!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnecko1976 View Post
    tested preware on what? your computer and QI, webosquickinstaller is what your talking about? I don`t get what your saying. What I`m getting is you tested preware on your phone and webOSquickinstaller on your computer? Neither one is related in any way besides you used quickinstaller to download preware to your phone, Please explain because I`m actually having trouble with my webosquickinstallers blue down arrow bring up the box with preware in it!!!!!!
    There is more than one way. Get the app in my signature or go here, and follow the instructions carefully.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation