1.    #1  
    I'm having problems getting my palm pixi plus into recovery mode. I've tried what palm say i'm supposed to do(with the volume key, battery and usb). I only get the battery with the ? in the middle. It's an O2 version from UK, and i'm not able to activate it since i'm in norway. Does anyone know what I have to do?
    Last edited by brakedalen; 11/05/2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Solved the problem
    the battery? Usually means the battery is dead, or not making contact.

if you are sure the battery is in properly, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes to make sure is has enough charge to actually boot up. Then start over with palm's instructions.
    Did you follow these instructions?

To put your webOS device in recovery mode:

1.Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2.If you can, turn off your webOS device. See Restarting and resetting.
    3.Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre or Replacing the battery on a Pixi.
    4.Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the webOS device.
    5.Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    6.Connect your webOS device to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    yeah i've tried that. doesn't get any other image than battery. There is no problem with the battery since i can boot up the phone with no problem. Is there any other way to get into recovery mode?
    Hmmm! Try the instructions here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    i don't know why but it suddenly was okey. Now i have bypassed the activation. But the strange this is, that it doesn't seem like it's in dev mode. But who cares!!

Now i have a new problem, get this errror message in the nextgen servers software. Anyone else heard of it?

Make sure you have Diag driver installed
    Starting server
    Now you should install
    Diag drivers if it's not installed
    Palm device connected
    Device detected :
    IMEI: 351956040493437000
    Processing IMEI: 351956040493437000
    Process failed.50397444
    Please submit debug.bin info to your reseller
    Data collection error, check drivers
  7.    #7  
    i had to update to v1.4.5. Everything okey now=)

btw: To get into rec mode, Just restart the phone and hold the volume up button while connecting the USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by brakedalen View Post
    btw: To get into rec mode, Just restart the phone and hold the volume up button while connecting the USB.
    Seems like each time I do it and with each device I do it with I have to do it just a bit differently. Weird.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by brakedalen View Post
    i had to update to v1.4.5. Everything okey now=)

Dude you are awesome! Thanks for teaching how to correctly put the phone in recovery mode
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Did you follow these instructions?

To put your webOS device in recovery mode:

1.Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2.If you can, turn off your webOS device. See Restarting and resetting.
    3.Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre or Replacing the battery on a Pixi.
    4.Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the webOS device.
    5.Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    6.Connect your webOS device to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    gave this a shot assuming it wouldn't work but then BAM giant USB symbol on my pixi, thanks man, you rock