Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Depending on how you look at it, my Sprint Palm Pixi has been acting like a toaster just a day after it's expiration date. Thankfully, I got a few warning signs ahead of my expiration date and have a few weeks to rectify the situation. Here are my problems, in order as they appeared:

• Portions of keyboard loosing some of its backlit capability
    • Phone application lags when calling
    • Basic app launching takes over 15+ seconds
    • Switching between apps sometimes lags
    • Battery life gradually loosing its charge
    • Calendar app actually freezes when flipping through days
    • In calendar mode, the reverse swipe sometimes does something different/buggy
    • Touchstone charging only works when I flip the ringer switch, using volume keys disable charging.

Suggestions on how to get a replacement? Got the Pixi at BestBuy. Should I go through Sprint, BestBuy or HPalm?
    I'd try Sprint first. Not sure if Best Buy would help you at all...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    do you have insurance on the phone? I do, I already had a problem with one pixi brought it in to sprint and got another completely free
    Do not recommend going through Palm's repair service. Unless you're fine with forking over $430 ($400 deposit and a $30 charge) for a replacement phone while you wait for your phone to be repaired, or waiting 3+ weeks to get it repaired without another phone (unless you have one laying around). Plus their customer service sucks big time.

But if they replace your phone, hey. Hopefully I'm not the norm here..
    heh forget palms repair service lol
    I would say try best buy, sprint and palm in that order. See where you can get cheapest repair with no contract extension. Sounds like you can do better with daily restart of phone, overclocking and buying a new battery.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Best Buy will be my first hit. Will be sure to bring my Touchstone with me.

More importantly, if an exchange/replacement does work, looking for TC/Pre Central threads that will allow me to install existing data over the cloud (Palm Profile) on a new Pixi and erase the data on the current phone. I'm really hoping this will be a simple solution, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I'm guessin you don't have phone insurance from sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNeO14 View Post
    do you have insurance on the phone? I do, I already had a problem with one pixi brought it in to sprint and got another completely free
    same here,daughters pixi nearly a year old,sprint insurance gave me another and did not charge me the deductible.
    most of your issues could be resolved by doctoring your phone and buying a new battery.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    And you could try disabling logging and overclocking for speed!
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    did you ever run the doctor just to get a fresh start? Sometimes that is all it needs. Also, do you have uberkernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    same here,daughters pixi nearly a year old,sprint insurance gave me another and did not charge me the deductible.
    Slightly offtopic question, but what are the criteria that they use to decide if they're gonna charge you a deductible or not?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNeO14 View Post
    I'm guessin you don't have phone insurance from sprint?
    In my Treo days, yes. In this economy, no. It's a waste of money, IMHO. Plus, when new handsets come out once a year (give or take a few months), again, it doesn't make much $en$e. Sorry to offend if you do have the insurance. Despite the S/W problems I'm having, the build quality of the Sprint Pixi is fantastic.

My other thinking is that, the Pixi's anemic processor speed is the underlying problem of the whole scenario. When WebOS 2.0 comes out, it will be interesting to see how it runs on the Pixi.

CES 2011 can't come soon enough!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you ever run the doctor just to get a fresh start? Sometimes that is all it needs. Also, do you have uberkernel?
    The doctor? No. Free app?

Uberkernel? No again! In App store as well?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    And you could try disabling logging and overclocking for speed!
    Color me intrigued. Are there threads on this?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    most of your issues could be resolved by doctoring your phone and buying a new battery.
    I see what you mean, to a point. Here's mine: I'm through with buying essential accessories, especially when new HPalm hardware is right around the corner.

Can't tell you how many times I tried to fix my Treos by purchasing an extra battery, etc. In the end, battery style/size keeps changing and too much clutter in the end. I still have my Treo 650 batteries and its docking charger, as well as my Treo 800w batteries and Sedio charger. End of rant!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Slightly offtopic question, but what are the criteria that they use to decide if they're gonna charge you a deductible or not?
    these guys wanted my business. They said to me,' I won't charge you deductible if you use this store for all yr sprint needs'. That's good business.
    get yourself a mugan 1400 battery,,best normal size battery out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    The doctor? No. Free app?

Uberkernel? No again! In App store as well?
    webOS doctor:
    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

uberkernel:
    Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals

(you must install uberkernel via preware)
    preware:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

Color me intrigued. Are there threads on this?
    how to disable logging:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ds-up-pre.html

I see what you mean, to a point. Here's mine: I'm through with buying essential accessories, especially when new HPalm hardware is right around the corner.

Can't tell you how many times I tried to fix my Treos by purchasing an extra battery, etc. In the end, battery style/size keeps changing and too much clutter in the end. I still have my Treo 650 batteries and its docking charger, as well as my Treo 800w batteries and Sedio charger. End of rant!
    may I suggest an extended battery, just incase?
    ex:
    [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre and Palm Pixi

on a side note: you must keep yourself familiar with webOS.
    I heard someone else in another thread didn't even know what patching was.
    if you don't know about anything, at least learn about the doctor and webOS quick install.

[WOSQI:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html ]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast