Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks, cmilette, but this is too much work.

Reading the links made me think I was operating a Treo 600.

I'll wait till the new HPalms come out or try BestBuy, then Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Thanks, cmilette, but this is too much work.

Reading the links made me think I was operating a Treo 600.

I'll wait till the new HPalms come out or try BestBuy, then Sprint.
    At the very least disable logging. Should take all of 2 minutes.
    In my Treo days, yes. In this economy, no. It's a waste of money, IMHO. Plus, when new handsets come out once a year (give or take a few months), again, it doesn't make much $en$e. Sorry to offend if you do have the insurance. Despite the S/W problems I'm having, the build quality of the Sprint Pixi is fantastic.

My other thinking is that, the Pixi's anemic processor speed is the underlying problem of the whole scenario. When WebOS 2.0 comes out, it will be interesting to see how it runs on the Pixi.

CES 2011 can't come soon enough!
    no offense taken kev, im a tile contractor so I go through about 5 phones a year lol so its definately worth it to have the insurance, and my girlfriend is a total clutz who prolly drops her phone on the the sidewalk twice a day, so yeah im paying and extra $14 a month for full insurance but for us its totally worth it lol. Good Luck buddy
  4.    #24  
    Depending on how you look at it, my Sprint Palm Pixi has been acting like a toaster just a day after it's expiration date. Thankfully, I got a few warning signs ahead of my expiration date and have a few weeks to rectify the situation. Here are my problems, in order as they appeared:
    • Portions of keyboard loosing some of its backlit capability
    • Phone application lags when calling
    • Basic app launching takes over 15+ seconds
    • Switching between apps sometimes lags
    • Battery life gradually loosing its charge
    • Calendar app actually freezes when flipping through days
    • In calendar mode, the reverse swipe sometimes does something different/buggy
    • Touchstone charging only works when I flip the ringer switch, using volume keys disable charging.

Suggestions on how to get a replacement? Got the Pixi at BestBuy. Should I go through Sprint, BestBuy or HPalm?
    Well, scratch off the charging issue. Maybe the rest will fix itself! See below.

Went to BestBuy over the weekend. They no longer carry the Pixi [sigh.] Then I went to a tech Sprint tech store. The ringer switch charge thing repeated itself again (While on the touchstone, turning on the ringer switch charges the phone!)

Turns out my Artist series back cover was the problem. (The Sprint tech dude did a quick switch to test.) Luckily, I have a spare regular Touchstone back cover, the all-black one with the indented polka dots on the back. But these covers only last about 3 months, before they start to loose its elasticity/grip on the Pixi. The cover actually peels of the sides! I actually saw one on a Pixi at a Sprint Store that was EOL (end of life). Again, the cover sides made the Pixi look like it was about to explode!

Both of these Touchstone back covers (regular and Artist series) need a serious re-do. Be on the look-out for a thread on this....
    Last edited by KevMeister; 11/08/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Google uberkernal. Overclocking the processor will make it run much smoother and get rid of alot of the lag. Got my pre and wifes pixi overclocked and it makes both phones much better.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    Google uberkernal. Overclocking the processor will make it run much smoother and get rid of alot of the lag. Got my pre and wifes pixi overclocked and it makes both phones much better.

Website for this uberkernal?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true
    You need to install webos quick install on your computer then preware on your phone then with preware install uberkernel

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Read up on everything so you get an idea what your doing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12