Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I've been searching the forum and google for a few days now, so if it's already been answered, my apologies.

    First, is the text message data on the pixi stored in the same file/location as the pre? namely: "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3"?

    Second, with webosquickinstall, is it always required that the phone be in developer mode, or could one pull "PalmDatabase.db3" off the phone without enabling developer mode (and without internalz)?

    I'm trying to help someone recover some deleted texts, and since it's not my phone I'm not comfortable just fooling around with it. Hoping someone knowledgeable can help. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    The first I don't know, but I assume it's on the same place.
    The second, no, you can't pull the file without enabling developer mode, sorry.
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart <- it's easy
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3. #3  
    1) Yes I am fairly sure it is in the same place.

    2) as nuttybunny said, you DO need to be in developer mode. do not worry too much, developer mode is similar to being the "administrator" on your regular computer.

    Good luck!
  4. #4  
    I prefer the easier code of webos20090606
  5. #5  
    I am in the same boat here as aethergray. I am trying to recover my PalmDatabase.db3 from my palm Pixi Plus and have read tons on this... but I have a few questions. So do I have to install Internalz actually on the phone it's self.?.?. then drill down and get my file at /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

    At that point do I email it once I "copy" or do I connect to my laptop or what. I know what to do once I have the file, I already have SQLite and have read my iphone back up files so I feel comfortable there... I just need help getting my PalmDatabase.db3 off my palm pixi

    It also looks like I have to be in developer mode. where do I type in the webos20090606 to get in the developer mode?

    Thanks guys!
  6. #6  
    One way, without putting any extra software on the phone, would probably be to download the novacom terminal program...
    1) put the phone in developer mode (type webos20090606 at the home screen, and toggle the button which pops up)
    2) plug the phone into computer via USB
    3) connect via the novacom terminal
    4) run the command
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal
    this will copy the database file to the section of the phone which can be accessed as a USB drive
    5) re-plug the phone in to USB and enable USB drive
    6) copy the file off
  7. #7  
    I just used WOSQI and did a "receive file" /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

    and a "send file" to /var/luna/data/dbdata/
  8. #8  
    There's a thread on this.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html

    I used this method to backup and restore my text messages when I converted my Sprint Pixi into a Pixi Plus.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by forrestry View Post
    One way, without putting any extra software on the phone, would probably be to download the novacom terminal program...
    1) put the phone in developer mode (type webos20090606 at the home screen, and toggle the button which pops up)
    2) plug the phone into computer via USB
    3) connect via the novacom terminal
    4) run the command
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal
    this will copy the database file to the section of the phone which can be accessed as a USB drive
    5) re-plug the phone in to USB and enable USB drive
    6) copy the file off
    Guys I feel like I am a pretty smart guy but... I just can't wrap my arms around this... I have googled "novacom terminal" and can't come up with anything... is that a program that I could install on my windows based laptop.?.?.?.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    I just used WOSQI and did a "receive file" /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

    and a "send file" to /var/luna/data/dbdata/
    From my research it looks like this is something you install on the phone its self... right.?.?. If that is the case I can't install anything on the phone, it has no service right now.


    What I really need is to be able to connect to my laptop via USB cord and get the PalmDatabase.db3 file... Am I making this harder than it actually is.?.?.?.
  10. #10  
    Is WebOS Quick Install v4.3.1 only for Mac based machines? I have a windows machine and can't seem to figer out how to install the dang program....

    *EDIT* I figered out how to install WebOS and now I just have to connect the phone and get the file... I hope it works!
    Last edited by Admin7667; 10/20/2011 at 02:23 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin7667 View Post
    Guys I feel like I am a pretty smart guy but... I just can't wrap my arms around this... I have googled "novacom terminal" and can't come up with anything... is that a program that I could install on my windows based laptop.?.?.?.
    First thing that comes up on google (for me) is
    webos-internals.org/wiki/Novacom_on_Windows

    Follow the instructions there (you'll need to find the Palm SDK, just google it)
    SDK = software development kit (package of tools from Palm which let you write apps for your phone, this includes the novacom terminal)

    Shouldn't be hard, give it a crack and let us know how you get on

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions