1.    #1  
    First, I'll start off by saying I'm a bit of a self confessed Apple ******, I had an iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and now have an iPad. I've also had a Nokia N900 and a Samsung Galaxy (the one stuck on Android 1.5) and whilst I liked some aspects of the devices, I didn't get along with them completely. I also have a Palm Treo Pro which was provided to me by work, but rarely use it.

I don't want to get a contract and the iPhone off contract is a bit of a pricey proposition, so when I saw O2 was doing the Pixi+ for £100 (or £99.99), I jumped on it. I was missold a Touchstone though, the O2 saleswoman said that the Pre needed a Touchstone cover but the Pixi doesn't, so I need to get a cover.

As an iOS user, I do expect some things from the interface:
    -Intuitiveness
    -Quickness
    -Prettiness

The Pixi's interface has surpassed my expectations, the cards are great and the notification system is miles ahead of the competition. I do prefer a soft keyboard, it does feel like wasted space when in the web browser or when watching videos, and whilst the keyboard appears identical to the Treo Pro, it is really good even for my stupid thumbs.

The multitasking is amazing, it is better than iOS 4.x's multitasking and in my opinion, feels like exposť in OSX. I really feel like Apple missed out by not buying Palm. The multitasking and interface in general really show how WebOS could be a great platform for an iPad-like device - only better.

Synergy is really nice, it is similar to what was on the N900, but seems to be more polished. I'd like the Photo application to have some kind of Flick access to have your photostream in there.

The music app is better than that on Android, but just below the iPod app on the iPhone. It might be becasue I'm used to the iPod app, so I'll reserve judgement on it, but I can say without hesitation that it is better than Android's music player.

The Todo list and the Facebook app are great. The Facebook app is so far the nicest looking app on any mobile device.

It's performed well so far, I have had a couple of 'Too many Cards' errors, but they aren't awful, just swipe up, and swipe to kill the cards.

HP has a great OS on their hands right now. I really hope they don't mess it up too much, but they really need to expand on the SDK and get the App Catalog with more Apps.

I really hope WebOS 2 has skype built into the Phone app and messaging like how the N900 had, that is the only thing I really miss from that Nokia.

All in all, I'm really impressed by the Pixi+ and really nejoy using it.
    Awesome post man! I totally agree, my wife actually just bought an HTC Hero or whatever...and despite its massive screen ..

I have to say multi tasking on it is a big pain in the **** compared to my pixi. Its interface seems clunky as all hell lol!

I love the simple and yet very effective approach webos has in it. I love gestures and the fact I dont have to use any of those extra "back, forward, menu" buttons that are on all the other devices. Because gesture swiping is miles ahead of that.

Sure android has tons of apps and all the bells and whistles, but I wouldnt trade my pixi for it =P
  3.    #3  
    Its a week after the purchase and I'm still really enjoying the handset. Synergy is the big thing for me.

Having my google talk account not only signed in but the messaging threads grouped with SMS too is a really nice approach to me. Much better than Google's approach in Android and so much better than Apple's approach of leaving it to 3rd parties.

I've had a few too many cards problems and one time had to resort to pulling the battery, but it seems nice still.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    you can get rid of the too many cards thing by installing govnah and uberkernel for pixi. Get preware installed on your phone, the possibilitys are downright awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    First, I'll start off by saying I'm a bit of a self confessed Apple ******, I had an iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and now have an iPad. I've also had a Nokia N900 and a Samsung Galaxy (the one stuck on Android 1.5) and whilst I liked some aspects of the devices, I didn't get along with them completely. I also have a Palm Treo Pro which was provided to me by work, but rarely use it.

I don't want to get a contract and the iPhone off contract is a bit of a pricey proposition, so when I saw O2 was doing the Pixi+ for £100 (or £99.99), I jumped on it. I was missold a Touchstone though, the O2 saleswoman said that the Pre needed a Touchstone cover but the Pixi doesn't, so I need to get a cover.

As an iOS user, I do expect some things from the interface:
    -Intuitiveness
    -Quickness
    -Prettiness

The Pixi's interface has surpassed my expectations, the cards are great and the notification system is miles ahead of the competition. I do prefer a soft keyboard, it does feel like wasted space when in the web browser or when watching videos, and whilst the keyboard appears identical to the Treo Pro, it is really good even for my stupid thumbs.

The multitasking is amazing, it is better than iOS 4.x's multitasking and in my opinion, feels like exposť in OSX. I really feel like Apple missed out by not buying Palm. The multitasking and interface in general really show how WebOS could be a great platform for an iPad-like device - only better.

Synergy is really nice, it is similar to what was on the N900, but seems to be more polished. I'd like the Photo application to have some kind of Flick access to have your photostream in there.

The music app is better than that on Android, but just below the iPod app on the iPhone. It might be becasue I'm used to the iPod app, so I'll reserve judgement on it, but I can say without hesitation that it is better than Android's music player.

The Todo list and the Facebook app are great. The Facebook app is so far the nicest looking app on any mobile device.

It's performed well so far, I have had a couple of 'Too many Cards' errors, but they aren't awful, just swipe up, and swipe to kill the cards.

HP has a great OS on their hands right now. I really hope they don't mess it up too much, but they really need to expand on the SDK and get the App Catalog with more Apps.

I really hope WebOS 2 has skype built into the Phone app and messaging like how the N900 had, that is the only thing I really miss from that Nokia.

All in all, I'm really impressed by the Pixi+ and really nejoy using it.

webOS 2.0 will have skype integrated, but for Verizon Wireless customers only.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I ve bought palm pixi plus (GER O2) 5 days ago, with blue cover. looks great, but I have palm pre too. Hard to say whats better.